Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Box Scart connection

they will not run through a network it just uses network cable to connect the 2 ends. its not a network device
0 Kudos
PC70
Tuning in
Message 12 of 251
Flag for a moderator

HI,

After a bit of research, a bit more detail around my specific question:

I would like to watch content from my Tivo V6 box in 2 different rooms. I achieved this with my old Tivo box using the scart out and a RF modulator over coax.

I'm now looking at the ESYNIC HDMI Extender and HDMI splitter (The V6 has only one HDMI port) . The two TVs are connected via Cat 5 or Cat 6 (I don't know how to tell the difference, but it was fitted in late 2011)  via a gigabit switch.

Given the specification I have noted above, do you imagine this will work well? If the gigabit switch is and issue, I could connect directly using a coupler - what do you think?

FYI: I have tested the connection by temporarily moving a second Tivo box to one of the rooms I'm working on. By linking the two boxes over my network (via the gigabit switch) I can stream full1080p recorded content between the two boxes.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated......

0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 251
Flag for a moderator

That would work but I send my signal to 4 TV's and I only have coax going to them not Ethernet and I understand that it doesn't work with homeplugs (powerline)

0 Kudos
PC70
Tuning in
Message 14 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Higuys wrote:

That would work but I send my signal to 4 TV's and I only have coax going to them not Ethernet and I understand that it doesn't work with homeplugs (powerline)

Have you seen this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edision-HDMI-Modulator-Full-Distribution/dp/B00KBXKJ2A

0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Yes I looked at that but my solution cost £20

0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi again my HDMI splitter and scart converter arrived today, I cannot detect any difference between the split HDMI signals connecting both HDMI leads to the same TV, the HDMI scart converter also worked but the picture quality was not as good as before, the TV furthest away from the modulator was never very good before but now it's worse. My coax is about 35 years old so that may be the problem.

The only draw back is that I only needed a supply power for the Modulator now I also need 2 more 1 for the splitter and 1 for the converter.

0 Kudos
SimpleSi
Joining in
Message 17 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I'm currently on SkyQ and faced with same problem of only HDMI out. I've got a working splitter but I've tried 2 HDMI->Scart boxes and neither work Smiley Sad I'm wanting to ditc hSkyQ and move to Virgin so would be very interested in what HDMI->Scart box worked for you Smiley Happy
Simon
0 Kudos
Higuys
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 251
Flag for a moderator

Hi there I have this is the one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Aluminum-Converter-Adapter-Composite/dp/B01KHT1OBW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UT...

I unplugged it to tidy things up and found that the TV picture  did not alter (its been like that for about an hour) so I don't think that I need a power supply for it.

0 Kudos
Garryatkins
Joining in
Message 19 of 251
Flag for a moderator

XCSOURCE Mini PAL NTSC SCART to HDMI 1080P 60Hz HD Video Converter Scaler Box with USB Cable for HDTV AH198 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K4GI2CC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_qmrHybSK7NX5A can anyone confirm if this will allow me to connect my v6 box to my TV scart
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 251
Flag for a moderator

@Garryatkins. Looks the wrong way round to me. Surely you want something to convert HDMI output to SCART input. The item linked in the previous post appears to do this.