cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Bravo 👏
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Our tv does not have working hdmi therefore please advise how can I operate v6? Sky+ hd DOES have scart. 

Cheers.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sam2018wrote:

Our tv does not have working hdmi therefore please advise how can I operate v6? Sky+ hd DOES have scart. 

Cheers.

Sky+HD is the same age as the Virgin V+HD box, & likewise Sky are now replacing it with SkyQ, which also has no SCART connections.

You will need an HDMI to Scart Digital/Analogue converter.

Example below:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/V-TOP-HDMI-SCART-Converter-Adaptor-Adapter/dp/B0151A6TTE/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie...

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes as already said... just get a Scart Converter 

How would it operate? 

Or you can run 75 ohm Coaxed wire to your TV and tune it in

(see links on pages 11/12)

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

I’ve encountered a new problem recently with the whole connection situation. I have HDMI cable to a splitter which powers 2 TV’s whilst a 3rd cable goes to the HDMI to Scart converter and then to a co-ax converter which was working well until now. I now have a situation that if neither of the TV’s downstairs are on, I get a distorted picture through the co-ax. The minute I turn a TV in downstairs the picture is perfect? Any ideas?

Try taking one of your HDMI TVs out of the  equation 

only run one TV  from splitter and ALL OTHER TVS from the Scart modulator 

Hu. Splitting hdmi signal via splitter disables hemi connection/s. Not sure how splitter will/can power 2 tv's. How would be good knowledge.

So I've had this set-up running excellently with a HDMI splitter > HDMI to SCART convertor > modulator. No problems.

However I have had a few issues with the AVR so have been re-examining my set-up.

I notice that the HDMI from the splitter, that doesn't go to the SCART goes to the TV and not to the AVR. So I have split the V6 output into HDMI and optical.

Any reason why I have done this and not simply taken the HDMI straight to the AVR carrying both sound and vision ?