cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Could you email (removed @gmail.com) details of your kit. (splitter and scart converter) +perhaps where to purchase, please. I have tried a pair of these but the output from either lead to a scart on the TV only yields the top half of the picture after it finally stops 'rolling'.

Any other suggestions from elsewhere gratefully received. These experiments done on the same TV that's happy with the direct signal from V6 box.to its HDMI input.

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Wasn't difficult to buy. About £15 each on eBay. Sellers don't have them any longer but search for these words or sellers.

aprostock
dealsalert04

OpenBox HDMI Splitter, 1 input 2 output, 4K Ultra HD 2160P, Full HD 1080P, 3D PC

1080P HDMI To Scart Composite Video Audio Converter Scaler Adapter DVD SKY STB

Please see pages 11 and 12 of this Thread for the links [items] you will need. Make sure they all have metal cases and power! 4k. Pal connected Metal case USB power HDMI Tv > V6 box turn on first Dip switches 6 to zero (channel 21) Re tune old RF Tv Turn HDMI splitter on (first) Get your V6 box on and the 1st HDMI split TV working Turn RF modulator on and Scart >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Then plugin 2nd HDMI split lead {this is an interesting thread} 👍 Thumbs up if I have helped. [V6 Happy Camper]
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I recently got my hands on a PROMAX EN-206 HD Modulator it converts a HDMI signal to a digital HD RF signal eliminating the need for a HDMI to Scart converter and an RF modulator.

To set it up I connected direct to my V6 box and TV using the aerial but it didn’t see my V6 box, when I connected it via my powered HDMI splitter it could see it. When tuned in I can only get sound but no picture, I spoke to the manufacturers and they said my settings were OK.

I then connected it to my DVD player (only swapped HDMI lead) with and without the HDMI splitter and got a perfect picture on the same TV.

I know that you can only get a picture using the Promax on a full HD TV (not HD ready) but my TV’s are HD.

Virgin seem to have put some measure in to stop anyone using this equipment.

theskenic
Tuning in

I had a converter plugged into the back of my tivo box, which fed the box output into my aerial co-ax so I could watch the tivo from other sets in the house. I upgraded to the V6 box, no working scart. I bought the 2 items recommended by joshua_welby on page 9. Plugged them in and now back to a signal all over the house. The signal is great and the only downside is you have more plugs and cables to hide. Thanks to all on this in this community, you have answered many questions I have had in the past.

Bravo 👏

Hi, 

I purchased the Neoteck NTK005 splitter and the NTK030 HDMI-SCART converter as being the currently available items. Everything worked fine apart from the picture being 4:3. I tried making sure the SCART converter was powered up before connecting to the splitter and also tried two different scart cables.

I noticed that someone else mentioned that problem but there did not seem to be a solution. Can anyone suggest a solution, please?

What RF Modulator are you using?

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there, have you checked the picture mode of your TV in analogue mode, it may be set to 4x3

Hi, I am not using an RF modulator, just the scart going into the DVD recorder.