cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Not all the products are available - the Vitovill splitter is stated in Amazon as "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

The only Vitovill products on eBay are moisture meters, steamers and battery chargers.

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there, I Started this blog and have been using the HDMI splitter, HDMI & RF modulators since January (see page 2). I can switch anything off and on in any order without problem, but what I have discovered is that my RF modulator will not transmit anything above channel 60.

My question is I have a 4K HDMI splitter but do not know if you actually get a UHD signal to the TV (not bothered about the scart modulator) as I am thinking about getting a UHD TV, can anyone give me a heads up.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Higuys wrote:

Hi there, I Started this blog and have been using the HDMI splitter, HDMI & RF modulators since January (see page 2). I can switch anything off and on in any order without problem, but what I have discovered is that my RF modulator will not transmit anything above channel 60.

My question is I have a 4K HDMI splitter but do not know if you actually get a UHD signal to the TV (not bothered about the scart modulator) as I am thinking about getting a UHD TV, can anyone give me a heads up.

No it won't, as channel 60 is now the top of the UHF broadcast band. Everything above this is now allocated to 4G mobile services. Starting this year the band from channels 49 to 60 will also gradually be cleared to pave the way for 5G mobile services.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Channel 21 is your best bet
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

I've got hold of a SowTech digital HDMI splitter through eBay and I now have my UHF distribution back. It's bit fuzzy though but completely watchable.

Higuys
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply's my situation is I have 2 V6 boxes both are connected to my Coax distributor, trial and error gave me channels 21 and 69 as the best combination, when I bought a new distributor I had to use channels 21 and 60 the picture is not quite as good but acceptable on my small TV's.

What I really wanted to know is can you get a UHD quality picture on the television via a HDMI cable when using a HDMI splitter

Yes

Should not be fuzziness at all
Something not right
All my 5 x old coaxed TVs have a perfect picture

It works!

Bravo 👏