cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Higuys
On our wavelength

I now have 2 V6 boxes and have both feeding into a Central SLX6 distributor via a HDMI splitter and scart converter for each v6 box, The best RF modulator channels for my area are 60 and 69.

I have been using this setup for one box for over 6 months and I find it doesn't matter what order you switch everything on, but have found that sometimes I have to put the V6 into standby if I switch everything off.

The splitter I have used for both boxes is the Neoteck  

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Splitter-Splitters-Amplifier-Projector/dp/B01M347UUU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=...

And the scart converter is the Neoteck 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Aluminum-Converter-Adapter-Composite/dp/B07591V4FR/ref=sr_1_3?s=ele...

I know they are more expensive than Ebay but I worry about possible dangerous fake electricals. I know Amazon are no better but they are sold by Neoteck and shipped.

I have tried but failed to connect the 2 boxes using WIFI ( am using homeplugs) so if anyone has an answer to the problem let me know.

Rich_A500
On our wavelength

Thanks I think with USb power should be ok, would be good if I could power the HDMI to composite. via USB as well

With the Standby thing might be hand shaking with the TV and not tried but maybe covering the HDMI pin 19 with tape might work.

I read somewhere in this post (I think ) about a box the same in Europe that does work with the scart anyone can point be to such a box.

If the box is capable of outputting Both Scart and 4k HDMI at the same time but is just disabled by Virgin but the circuitry is still being powered? seems crazy that I then have to use and power all this additional equipment????

Hi All,

Newbie on this so please don't crucify me.

I have also the new V6 box and a Slingbox that used to work fine with the old Virginmedia box.

I have just bought the HDMI powered splitter which seems to work fine on the TV (both sides of the splitter).

However the standard HDMI to RCA lead seems to be the issue as it shows on my slingbox "weak or no signal".

I am now going to buy a powered HDMI to RCA Converter box (around £7 from Ebay) to see if that solves the weak signal.

So in short the powered HDMI splitter works fine the standard HDMI to RCA (£2-£3) lead does not.

Let you know what the outcome is when I have the powered HDMI to RCA converter.

Don't you think it would have been easy for the V6 box just to have a working/enabled second outlet or are they just forcing us to go down using their app route and paying for extra boxes?

Simon

I am using this Neoteck from Amazon, recommended a few times on here. Confirmed working for me from 2 V6s with their own Slingboxes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XRX5L71/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gGiAzbK4GGMXA

Will this work connecting to surround system?

One of the V6s goes into the HDMI splitter. One cable goes to my amp and then the amp feeds the tv. The other hdmi lead goes to the hdmi2scart converter and out to the slingbox.

Hi

I would like to know if a HDMI splitter is still needed if I only want to connect to one TV. Can't I do it with only the HDMI to Scart converter ?

Hello

Just a quick question. Is there a reason why a splitter is also needed (as I see in many posts)? If I only need to connect the V6 box to a TV that has a scart connection, can't I just use the Neoteck HDMI to Scart you mentioned above?

Thanks

You don’t need to split then 👍
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Please see pages 11 and 12 of this Thread for the links [items] you will need.
Make sure they all have metal cases and power!
4k. Pal connected Metal case USB power HDMI Tv > V6 box turn on first Dip switches 6 to zero
(channel 21)
Re tune old RF Tv Turn HDMI splitter on (first)
Get your V6 box on and the 1st HDMI split TV working Turn RF modulator on and
Scart >>>> Then plugin 2nd HDMI split lead
{this is an interesting thread}
👍
Thumbs up if I have helped.
[V6 Happy Camper]
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s