cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Higuys
On our wavelength

The V6 box is only 100% better than the old Tivo box NOW, prior to poor software updates the old Tivi box was also fast.

The new V6 box has 6 tuners so what, I was ok with 3, I don't have a 4K TV and without paying Netflix there is very little to watch, you cannot use TV anywhere app to stream on holiday out side the UK and its not very reliable only rated 3.1 in Playstore.

I am a big fan of Virgin and it would take a lot to make me leave. The V6 is a great box but as one size does not fit all it was short sighted of Virgin not to enable the scart socket they could then have sold us a new scart lead.

up and running in side 10 minutes ...

v1.JPGv2.JPGv3.JPG

Please see pages 11 and 12 of this Thread for the links [items] you will need. Make sure they all have metal cases and power! {this is an interesting thread} 👍 Thumbs up if I have helped. [V6 Happy Camper]
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Hi,

I have been looking at this thread. What about quality? The image you get from scart is analog of poor quality.

You can easily get a HDMI splitter and then feed into scary but the picture quality is bad and you can only transfer recordings in real time. The scart socket is large and often becomes loose and is obsolete. You will want to go back to 405 lines (this was before the 625 lines) next!

It is time to say good bye to scart and move on to the digital age

@tonyworks wrote:

Hi,

I have been looking at this thread. What about quality? The image you get from scart is analog of poor quality.

You can easily get a HDMI splitter and then feed into scary but the picture quality is bad and you can only transfer recordings in real time. The scart socket is large and often becomes loose and is obsolete. You will want to go back to 405 lines (this was before the 625 lines) next!

Well, Tony, it would be helpful if you'd like to tell us how to move to the digital age by explaining how we can record TV shows to a DVD recorder - or any other device - from the HDMI socket of a TiVo or V6 box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@tonyworks wrote:

Hi,

Well, Tony, it would be helpful if you'd like to tell us how to move to the digital age by explaining how we can record TV shows to a DVD recorder - or any other device - from the HDMI socket of a TiVo or V6 box.

See the one above by badlydrawnblue HDMI converter to scart. HDMI splitter then one goes to tv the other to a HDMI to scart converter.

@tonyworks wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

@tonyworks wrote:

Hi,

See the one above by badlydrawnblue HDMI converter to scart. HDMI splitter then one goes to tv the other to a HDMI to scart converter.

SCART only transmits analogue signals. I'm waiting for a digital solution from you.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

For those who haven't made the jump to V6 yet Virgin will swap your old Tivo out for a V6 for a £20 connection fee and no other charges see link

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/box-swap-v6?buspart=uk_afl_a_mobile_na_na_trade_direct_HotUKDeals_gen...

£20 .....and need to own an HDTV ..

VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

@TrojanC wrote:
£20 .....and need to own an HDTV ..

No, just a tv with an HDMI input.

I have a standard tv and was given a V6 box for £20. It was then reduced to £10 when I asked if the could do it for less!

It's now installed and fully working on Wi-Fi alone for the past two weeks.