cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Thanks. I'll be swerving Virgin. Too much like hard work to save £200 (£100 after all the gizmos have been bought) just to end up with an annoying compromise after all the effort.

Not being funny but, what a massive step back to only be able to watch one TV when compare to the old days when was just a case of throw an aerial splitter.

I've found a solution for V6 owners,  its called Tivo, no adapters/gizmos required   😉

......and when the TiVo is phased out ????
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

@TrojanC wrote:
......and when the TiVo is phased out ????

Which I believe is about to be the current position anyway.

My brother in law has TV and phone (no broadband) with VM and his very old standard VM TV box finally gave up the ghost a few weeks back - the engineer who attended provided a refurbished Tivo but said the only reason he didn't get a V6 box was that he didn't have broadband - the current policy being to fit V6 boxes everywhere.

I'm glad my links to Scart/and/or/RF coaxing will prove to be useful

Welcome to the V6 world 🌎

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
The only problem with the set up is the sound in that if u select Dolby Digital u lose volume on HD channels. If u switch to PCM it's volume all round but not as clear etc. I'm sure they'll be a HDMi to scart converter that carries Dolby?

I run 5 x Tv's all over the house and I don't have a problem with sound - my oldest TV is in the kitchen and the picture Quality is unbelievable 👌 perfect

TiVo is not viable for such as Netflix - it's just too slow.

Well here's a weird one for u. I have the set up using HDMI splitter which powers 3 TV's (2 with HDMI and 1 with scart to RF converter. If I leave the V6 on Dolby Digital only one of the 3 TV's has volume when on HD channels but all 3 have volume if on a non-HD channel. If I switch to Dolby to PCM all works fine? Tried moving the HDMI positions and no matter what only 1 TV (same TV) has volume on HD channels. All 3 TV's are Panasonic??

Very strange