cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

My only negative is my remote won't work upstairs due to internal solid brick walls blocking the signal however I can use the remote function on my iPhone/iPad from Virgin TV Anywhere app!!

I have tested everything independently of each other
and I think the problem is the HDMI to > SCART converter
Bagpuss12 please can you tell me the name model and where you bought your HDMI to >scart converter from please
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

I have got the ESYNIC HDMI-Scart Converter it was £16 on Amazon,

they are plenty of them around between £12 and £26

Just take a look around Google and Amazon/Ebay

Mine was £16

Just says it is called.....
MHL/HDMI > Scart
Scaler Converter

I would post a pic if I could upload one

Upload it to Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive and post the Link to it on here

If using Google Drive then make sure that you have enabled the Share feature

BW HDMI to SCART Composite Video Converter Stereo Audio Adapter SKY HD Blu-Ray (HDMI to SCART) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NAT0W2Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_J1ubGQn7HbIbB

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
As per previous I just bought one off EBay for £12. Make sure it's set to PAL and not NTSC. My scart converter is so basic it has no make!!!

Is the channel on the receiving TV set the same as the channel in the modulator?

I have never altered those settings as they worked fine when I had the TiVo (which has a Scart socket)
So that part of my wiring is the same and has not been touched

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
If like me u unplugged and removed ur modulator after having V6 fitted it may have reset itself to factory settings when u plugged it back in?

I have ordered a different one from amazon today (see link)
Maybe it was a fault with the other one
The reviews for it are bad
Everyone having problems with it

I asked for next day delivery
So tomorrow Saturday will be the big day

Watch this space ......

Would just like to say a big thank you to Virgin Media for bringing out a V6 box with No Scart output, and therefore creating lots of problems for lots of people and headaches and unnecessary expense
thank you