cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Could I have bought the wrong HDMI > Scart converter ??

Which one does your parents use?
VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
Gaz,
Not wanting to presume your level of expertise but I already use a HDMi splitter from my V6 box to power 2 TV's.

What I learnt (that no one could tell me) is that you need to turn off both TV's and the V6 box, connect all ur wires and then turn on ALL relevant TV's BEFORE u reboot the V6.

Once this is done (and assuming it all works) NEVER EVER complete power down any of the TV's (leave them in standby mode) as if u turn them off it loses the HDMi handshake and u have to reboot all over again!!!

I'm currently using a powered HDMI splitter as well (not sure if that makes any difference to performance)?

Thanks for your post and help.

I too have bought the power version of the HDMI splitter

I can get 2 signals HDMI out
So the problem must be after the SPLITTER
i.e. HDMI > Scart converter

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength
I'm just awaiting delivery of my new splitter and scart converter. Once I get it all plugged in I'll let u know if mine works as I'm looking to power 3 TV's from co-ax!

P.s.
I already used my Scart > RF Modulator for my Coax Signal when I had the TiVo Box
So I know that this bit of equipment works and has done for years

The TiVo had a Scart output as you know

My Parent's is using a Powered HDMI-Scart converter using a thin lead for the power

One end is a small rounded and the other end is a USB Plug that can be attached to a USB Plug Adapter

that you use for your mobile phone

Here is the things you need

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Scaler-Composite-Adapter-Blu-ray-Black/dp/B015XCA6RG/ref=sr_1_2?i...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Laptop-Chargers-Docking-Stations/Acer-Liquid-M220-Approved-Adapter/B0112H...

Thanks

This is what I already have but mine doesn't seem to work properly:(

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

Up and running guys, here's what I did!!

1. Power V6 off completely and put all TV's into standby mode
  2. Connect V6 to splitter
  3. Connect splitter to scart converter (make sure converter is set to PAL not NTSC)
  4. Connect converter to modulator with scart cable
  5. Connect modulator to TV with co-ax cable
  6. Set modulator channel (I used channel 26)
  7. Turn on all TV's and put them on channel expected to receive Virgin
  8. Reboot V6 box
  9. You may need to tune TV that is connected with co-ax to same channel as modulator
  10. If you experience sound issues, go into Help & Settings, Settings, Audio, Dolby Digital and make sure you have selected Dolby Digital to PVM

Brilliant post which I thank you for and I will have a play tonight