cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

I do not know as I do not have one of them

Contact the Seller for more information

Yes, but you will encounter two problems

1) You can only watch the same channel as the other TV if you are connecting the second TV

via the RF Coax cable

2) There is no way of changing channels unless you have a Magic Eye installed as well

I suggest that all TVs should have their own set top box,

so that you can change channels and watch different channels on each TV

You are right you can only watch the channel that the V6 box is set to however the remote for the V6 box is also bluetooth and has a very good range so you can either take your remote to another room to control the V6 or you could do as I did and buy one off Ebay and leave it in the bedroom for example. see this link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Virgin-Media-TiVo-Remote-Control-MINI-V6-Latest-Model-LATEST-MODEL-/14...

Your remote will first need to be paired with the V6 box see link.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/You-may-need-to-pair-your-remote-with-your-V6/m-p/3...

You can pair more than 1 remote I have 2 paired for use in kitchen and bedroom and use my old Tivo remote in the room that has the V6 box.

Please note that unless the engineers that installed your V6 box paired your remote (mine didn’t) you need to do it.

I have the same problems

Don't get me wrong I love the V6 box it is so fast even when watching Netflix or YouTube

But the down side is that it has only one output which is HDMI 

I did post a similar topic a few days ago asking VM for any help they could give me and possibly lots of others too

No one has got back to me yet

I have bought a HDMI 1 in and 2 out splitter from Amazon£10

and it works - it does split the HDMI SIGNALS

BUT then I bought an HDMI to Scart converter £16 and already had a  Scart to RF modulator £30 

So I can send an RF signal to all bedrooms and kitchen (the system I used with the TiVo)

IT DOESN'T WORK

It must be the HDMI signal to SCART signal that is the signal problems

Brilliant V6 box and spoil it by not putting a Scart output socket on the back THAT IS NOT DISABLED

VM happy camper 🙂 Hub4 NextGen360 Gig1 [modem mode] TP-Link Router + 3x EAP’s

I bought the power ones
But like mentioned by the VM guy the problem is when it converts to SCART
Must be the 4k thing

I have done that to get RF signals and it doesn't work
£56 later

I found this thread because, like many before me, I want to connect the V6 box to an external HDD recorder via scart.

I must be missing something, cos it beggars belief that VM are putting god-knows-how-many of their customers through all the hassle and expense of buying various splitters and convertors with all those extra cables and power supplies when actually there is already a mini scart socket on the back of the V6 box that they just haven't enabled.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It also beggars belief that there are some who want to make inferior copies of copyright material for some unknown purpose.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VM got rid of Samsung and went for a box in Europe called the EOS box and rebranding the EOS with the VM name
So the Scart output was already disabled by EOS

(I stand corrected if any of the above is slightly wrong)

Ernie-c can you elaborate on what you mean by copyright inferior copies
Are you talking about the V6 box