cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

@tazted2001 wrote:
This set up works, but you need 3 plug sockets, so its a bit over the top, but hey ho

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Amplifier-Amplifierfor-Camcorder-Satellite/dp/B00LM4IJ60/ref=sr_1_... and https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHT1OBW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11KQ4AB16XU...

Have to say it all sounds like too much hassle/plug sockets/Amazon orders 😉  The scart on my Tivo feeds to 3 other TV's, won't be 'upgrading' to the V6 anytime soon.

Hi.

So if you already have a network it's quite simple to do rather than a "Direct connection" Like in the pictures,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-Extenders-Repeater-Ethernet-Function-60M-RX-TX/dp/B00YC3BWL2/ref=c...

Disconnect the network cable that is plugged into the TIVO box and then plug that into the HDMI box and connect an HDMI cable from the TIVO/HDMI splitter to the HDMI box then with the HDMI Reciever box what you want to do is connect a network cable to that HDMI Reciever box and the other end into your home network, If you have a second tivo use that cable, Now you should be able to recieve the picture from the main TIVO now, Basicly instead of a "Direct" connection by just using 1 network cable what you have now done is connect the HDMI sender box to your home network and the same with the HDMI reciever box, If you wanted to you could get more of these and just use the receivers "Not the sender" Box's and all the recievers that are connected to the TV's or any displays will now recieve the same MAIN TIVO BOX as that is now connected to you entire home network.

It doesn't matter what types of HDMI splitters you use but it's best to keep them all the same, "NEVER USE 2 OR MORE HDMI Senders on the SAME NETWORK" as this will cause a hell of a lot of problems, Only 1 SENDER and as many RECIEVER'S as you want.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi I've opted to do Sam set up as you have suggested but not getting any joy. Is my set up detailed below correct.
1. Splitter from V6 box
2. HDMI to converter
3. HDMI to TV
4. Scary from converter to RF modulator
5. Aerial from modulator to aerial connection for remaining TVs.

What channel is required on modulator

Hi there, if it is the same RF modulator that you were using before there is no need to alter the channel but make sure that you have the scart converter set to PAL and not NTSC. I take it that you are routing the aerial through a signal booster if you are sending picture to multiple TV's

I have been using the setup you have for over a month sending to 4 TV's with no problems.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is a far more elegant solution

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edision-HDMI-Modulator-Full-Distribution/dp/B00KBXKJ2A/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&q...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Are you getting green lights on the input and the output on the Hdmi splitter?

Ted

Have to say I've given up on getting a V6 as I've tried 2 different HDMI to SCART converters and I can't get a decent picture through my HDD recorder with them.

Think my only hope if and RF HDMI Modulator but scared to buy one at the prices they are just in case it doesn't do what I want 😞

I suspect this will be due to copy protection software in one or other of the devices and its intended to stop you from recording content to an external device.

Gone are the days of VHS where you could record what you liked.

Stevedc
Joining in
All, I'm also struggling we connecting my system since I've obtained a V6. My issue appears to be with the HDMI splitter, when I connect both HDMI outputs the screen goes blank.
Connection details below.

1. V6 hdmi output to hdmi splitter (cable type only, not powered).
2. One hdmi output from splitter to tv.
3. Other hdmi output to input of powered hdmi to scart converter.
4. Output from hdmi converter (scart connection) goes to rf modulator. Rf modulator output goes to coax for multiple TVs.

Do you think I should purchase a powered hdmi splitter ?

Any help would be appreciated

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

As per everyone else I was using the scary on the TiVo into an RF modulator powering 3 other TV's via coax. Here's what I'm thinking?

HDMI from V6 into splitter

HDMI from splitter back to main TV

HDMI to scart cable into the RF modulator converting signal from HDMI to scart to coax

Would this work as I know I can't do HDMI to coax?

Spoiler