cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

402 REPLIES 402

Not sure I understand all this and on Amazon they are so many from 13 to 30 any idea what one I do need

Hi there, Garryatkins the converter you suggested will convert a scart signal to a HDMI signal you need to convert a HDMI signal to a scart signal, ie.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/XCSOURCE-Converter-Convert-Adapter-AH149/dp/B01ER2Z1A0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electro...

I was going to get this one but after reading the reviews average 3.5 stars feedback, the one I settled on had 5 stars feed back.

Hope this helps

I bought a £13(ish) HDMI to scart converter off eBAY.

I went from TIVO HDMI out - Converter- Scart out - Scart in on by HDD recorder.

The picture went through but the quality wasn't great and not worth keeping. 

Strangely if i went direct into the scart input on my TV the picture was brilliant.

Something inside my HDD recorder didn't like it.

Would love some help or suggestions about other converters or other ways of connection V6 to HDD drive.

As a bit of a tennis nut I like to keep some matches and now can't.

Hi Higuys

So did your setup work with this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHT1OBW/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza and https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Amplifier-Amplifierfor-Camcorder-Satellite/dp/B00LM4IJ60/ref=sr_1_....

I am the same boat, using a rf modulator and want the new Tivo, but it needs to feed another Tv.

Cheers ted

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there taxted2001 it worked perfectly but obviously there are more wires, you do need power to the converter as it draws power from the TV.

Another + for me is that now I have paired the remote I can control the V6 box from my bedroom            

Mr_K
Well-informed
Thanks for the info. It does seem a lot of 'kerfuffle' to go to. Sticking with Tivo seems to be the easiest option atm if you want a scart out connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable
why bother even having a tivo when you can stick to VCR.

Your trying to use outdated tech that is not used. not made anymore and will get harder and harder to use. You need to find a new solution going forward.

Why? It depends on your needs. For me I don't have a 4k TV, or subscribe to Netflix, never got past 60% full on Tivo or needed more than 3 tuners and as highlighted in this thread, the lack of a scart out has caused some issues. A faster box would be nice, but that's not quite enough and Tivo has got quicker since the last update. Oh and the minor factor that VM are charging for the 'upgrade'. Look, and be fully informed before you leap is never bad advice.

Higuys
On our wavelength

There is a charge but when I enquired I was offered the new faster modem an upgraded from vivid 100 to 200 for £1.50 a month less than I was paying. I just paid £49.99 for the box and I am pleased that I did. I am lucky because nearly all of my wires are in the garage.

If you think I was paying over the odds to get the deal I can assure you I am not.

Yes it is possible to us a RF Lead with the V6 Box, I have this setup in my Parent's house, it goes like this

From the V6 box you plug a HDMI Lead to a Scart/HDMI Converter from the Scart/HDMI Converter

you have a Scart Lead to a Mercury RF Modulator from there you can use a normal TV Aerial Lead to a Second TV without a Scart Socket

or a Distribution Device

I hope this helps