cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box Scart connection

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I was thinking of leaving Virgin because the Tivo box was too slow, I have now discovered the V6 box and it is supposed to be faster?. with my current Tivo box I use the scart output to transmit to all my other TV's via an RF converter, I have seen photos of the V6 box and it shows a round Scart out socket. 

My question is :- Is this a scart socket and if so is there an adaptor to convert it to a standard scart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The round SCART socket isn't enabled. There is a possibility of using a HDMI Splitter and then an HDMI to SCART converter to continue your distribution setup.

However I'm not sure if anyone on here has tried that yet so wouldn't know how successful it would be.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

402 REPLIES 402

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The round SCART socket isn't enabled. There is a possibility of using a HDMI Splitter and then an HDMI to SCART converter to continue your distribution setup.

However I'm not sure if anyone on here has tried that yet so wouldn't know how successful it would be.

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there, thanks for your fast reply just one question, if I have a splitter with one HDMI going to my TV  and one to my scart will I loose picture quality on my TV.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
No you shouldn't do for HD. The only question that I can't answer is about 4K output and whether that would be affected or not.

Higuys
On our wavelength

Thanks for that I have been looking at HDMI splitters, some require 12v and some don't. the same goes for the for the HDMI to scart converters.

As I want the TV on and to send the signal down the coax at the same time can anyone explain the merits of powered vs not powered please

PC70
Tuning in

I received a v6 yesterday and now have a problem....

Previously I was able to send the Tivo image from the ground floor to the loft room, allowing me to watch recordings etc on a second TV. I controlled this using the TV anywhere app. The image was sent by linking the Tivo scart to a Mercury RF Modulator. Via coax and a Labgear distribution unit the signal was sent to the second TV.

The V6 doesn't have a working SCART out...

So, is there a way of:
1. Using some kind of SCART adapter to connect the V6 to the Mercury modulator?
2. Linking the V6 and the second TV via ethernet? The two TVs are both linked to the home network (via a gigabit switch) using CAT 5 or 6 (I don't know which and I don't know how to check).

Any ideas would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
not possible. there is no working scart output on the V6 and no way of enabling it.

Higuys
On our wavelength

Hi there I have the same problem, the solution I am going to try is use a HDMI splitter connect one HDMI lead to my TV the other to a HDMI to scart converter, you can then connect the scart to the modulator. Its a long winded way (I am fortunate that I can put it all on a shelf in the garage) it was the cheapest way of doing it.

A word of warning if you are wanting 4K I understand you will only get HD using a splitter.

I have not got the splitter etc. yet but I will update you when I have it set up.

I have found one problem with the box (only had it 2 days) I programmed my series links by doing a search and then selecting the programme and getting a series link (I didn't use the EPG). I have just looked at my upcoming programmes and most are not there for recording. I have now deleted them all and series linked them using the EPG and they are all now going to record.

Mr_K
Well-informed
Let us know how you get on. This is the main reason why I'm not getting the V6 and sticking with Tivo. Not having the scart out active is going inconvenience a lot of people who want to feed to other devices.

Any thoughts on these two? Reviews are good. My concern is that my network runs through a gigabit switch - it isn't a direct connection....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Extender-Extenders-Repeater-Ethernet-Function-60M-RX-TX/dp/B00YC3BWL2/ref=c...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Amplifier-Amplifierfor-Camcorder-Satellite/dp/B00LM4IJ60/ref=sr_1_...