Menu
Charliew
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V6 Box - BBC test has stuttur, and netflick wont open

hi, I've just had a V6 box installed - netflick doesn't work - I'm getting. V312 code

i have a Panasonic 4K TV capable of playing the BBC test 4 k footage with no problems at all via the smart TV app. However, when I play the same footage via the V6 box there is a slight stagger ever other second with the footage. Any thoughts? 

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 Box - BBC test has stuttur, and netflick wont open

There seems to be something weird with Modern Family - if you search the board others are having issues with the V6 rebooting when watching a recording of it. Virgin appear to know about this and said there will be a fix..

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How is the V6 connected to your router?

0 Kudos
Charliew
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm not entirely sure - the guy who installed it upped the broadband (apparently it was weaker than it should have been) but he didn't explain how it connected. Our last tivo box looked like it was serviced via the white coaxial cable that connected to it. I've looked at the diagnostic settings and I cannot tell much from this. 

I use my super hub 2 as a modem - very happy to look at settings and feed back - thank you for replying 

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Steve meant is it connected by ethernet, wifi, powerline etc.

0 Kudos
Charliew
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I think it is just the power line coaxial - but as I said in my earlier message, the V6 box is brand new and if it is reliant on wifi or Ethernet I don't know how to check that. 

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The V6 needs to be connected to you hub some way or another.. VM prefer ethernet to the hub, but powerline adaptors (not the coax) or wifi will work. It's just that if the wifi is iffy you may be better to invest in a powerline adaptor if it is not possible to connect via ethernet

0 Kudos
Charliew
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, had a check and Ethernet is present and accounted for.

Would a completely reset sort out Netflix?? App says it's downloading but box was installed Tuesday - that's some download!!
0 Kudos
Daveglasgow70
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My v6 is stuttering and I have Vivid 200. V6 connected to router through managed switch. This is on BBC 4K demo and Netflix HD/UHD

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The BBC iPlayer Planet Earth 4K stutter, could be a known problem as discussed here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/iPlayer-4k-demo-slight-stutter/m-p/3298040/highlig...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charliew

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're not seeing any errors so I hope that means that things are working as they should at the moment? If not, get in touch and we'll arrange for this to be escalated from our end.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos