Menu
Seagull1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

V6 4K UHD

Does anyone know (for certain) that the V6 box supports live 4K UHD TV broadcast.

Forget the Netflix capability. For example can it display a 4K  UHD Sky transmitted football match?

Thanks Seagull

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 4K UHD

Seagull1 wrote:

Does anyone know (for certain) that the V6 box supports live 4K UHD TV broadcast.

Forget the Netflix capability. For example can it display a 4K  UHD Sky transmitted football match?

Thanks Seagull

It can but it won't as it's very very unlikely that Sky or BT will share their 4k sports or movies with Virgin

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seagull1 wrote:

Thanks Seagull

It has the technical capability to, however, at present Sky do not make their 4K broadcasts available to Virgin Media customers, nor do BT Sport for that matter.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The box is perfectly capable of it, yes.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Seagull1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. You have succeeded in this personally?

Virgin seem very reluctant to claim/confirm this facility.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seagull1 wrote:

Thanks for that. You have succeeded in this personally?

Virgin seem very reluctant to claim/confirm this facility.

How can anybody have succeeded in it if there are no 4k broadcasts?

Virgin Staff probably have no idea but if it can run 4k netflix and BBC Iplayer and YouTube it can run 4k broadcasts

0 Kudos
Seagull1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I take your point but by the same token how does anyone know if the box has the 4k capability?

I believe there is a 4k set up and tuning kit available from Currys I suppose that might be able to rest capability.

Anyway I think I've learnt enough to give these boxes a swerve for the present there seems little to gain from upgrading at present.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How would you test capability of 4k broadcast when there are none, if the box will do 4k Netflix i player etc it will do 4k broadcasts as there is no real difference as far as the box is concerned, of course your 4k TV may not work or may not be able to receive the full 4k meaty goodness as the standard is still in flux until October 2017 when they should be finalized so any 4k set bought before 2018 won't have the full 4k options sort of like the old "HD ready" TV's they conned people into buying

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Seagull1 wrote:

I take your point but by the same token how does anyone know if the box has the 4k capability?
Users are watching 2160p Netflix & YouTube content through the box therefore it can output the correct resolution, the source of the content is immaterial.

I believe there is a 4k set up and tuning kit available from Currys I suppose that might be able to rest capability.
What are you trying to test?!

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Seagull1
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You are better informed than I.

However, since I last posted I have had a lengthy conversation with Virgin Customer Relations.

They have assured me that Sky 4K material ,and that of any other service provider included in our package,

will be available to us customers via the V6 box. End of.

But in view of your contrary belief I am endeavouring to get this in writing 

0 Kudos