Menu
Azriall
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading Tv, operator was no help

Hi

I just tried calling Virgin to look at getting a better model set top box. I told her my tivo box was horribly slow compared to the sky plus box i just got rid off. and rather than sell me a better box or put me through to upgrades i got a woman trying to book in a repair and talk to a technician regarding why my box is slow. i explained the box is slow because it is old and according to the technician who installed it that is as good as it will run. i said isn't there a better or newer setup box i can upgrade too and she said first we need to look at getting your box fixed etc. for crying out loud i want to spend money upgrading not fix a box which isn't broken. This is why i hate talking to people who are just reading off a card. i said the box was slow and old and she put her mind set into fixing it even after i told her i want to upgrade she wouldn't let go of this. not impressed. might just have to go back to sky!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading Tv, operator was no help

Ok. Call,again but this time talk to retentions by pressing for 'thinking of leaving'. They should sort you off it. At a guess you got India. Lovely people but thru no fault of their own dreadfully trained. 

0 Kudos
jonandmarkuk
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading Tv, operator was no help

Call again or use the online chat and be clear that you wish to upgrade to a v6 box.
If you say it's slow or faulty the offshore call center will treat it as a fault.

0 Kudos