Menu
jannerbex
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Upgrades And Offers Issue

Hi. I received an email this morning regarding the new V6 box. Every time I go to Uogrades and offers I'm invited to call customer service to change my package. No offence but I don't want to spend my day off on the phone to Virgin. Does anyone else receive this message?
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrades And Offers Issue

You will get that message if your current package is non standard or has loyalty or other discounts attached to it.  As any change you make may affect those discounts you need to call in to discuss your options.

jannerbex
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick reply. Makes sense.
0 Kudos
chaz6
Dialled in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I thought the V6 box was just a one off cost and should not be affected by any discounts. I get the same message but I don't see why I can't just upgrade my Tivo box to a V6 box irregardless of what my subscription is.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You might well be able to, but the fact is that if you have a non-standard package, (i.e. with discounts applied), the O&U page can't cope with it which is why you're being told to ring up.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
chaz6
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I really do not want to call customer services. I would have thought that a technology company would have a good online ordering system. Until it is fixed I will just go without.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It isn't a fault and therefore won't be fixed.
Stratman1971
Up to speed
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When you phone VM, what service do you go for? Upgrades or what?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Option 1 then if phoning from the phone attached to the account option 1 then option 4 - make changes to your account.
Stratman1971
Up to speed
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid that doesn't do it. It gives more options which are not obvious. Trying 2 and waiting. I hope I someone helpful this time.

0 Kudos