Menu
stew0014
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to new V6 Tivo box

I'm considering this upgrade from my original Tivo which is now so very slow. I've been inform ed that I need to upgrade to superhub 3 to enable this and also that the hub needs to be within 3 metres of the V6  box. I have successfully used Powerline adaptors for years so am hoping that these are still going to be fine. 

Does anybody have recent experience of this upgrade process that they can share. In particular I heard of some early problems with the superhub 3 but I don't knw if these have now all settled down.

Grateful for any advice / help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to new V6 Tivo box

Powerline is fine

0 Kudos
stew0014
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the assurance about the powerline adaptors. What about the general experience with the upgrade to the superhub 3 ? I had heard some earlier stories about very poor reliability and level of service.

Thanks

0 Kudos
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have upgraded from Tivo to V6 and so far all is good. Apps (I mainly use Netfix & I-player) load much quicker. I kept my Tivo and sent back a V+ box. I use powerline adaptors to connect the old Tivo to SH3 and my family are happily watching all the old recordings from the Tivo on the V6. Finally it comes out of standby faster and returning to TV from app is much better.
0 Kudos