Menu
Fabulosa
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unimpressed with Virgin over V6 install...

Before New Years I phoned Virgin to see about getting the new V6 box. The gist of the conversation boiled down to:

Virgin: That will be £50.

Me: Anything else?

V: By the way, there's also a £15 "activation" fee.

M: Err, oh, anything else?

V: You'll be contracted for another 12 months.

M: Hmm.. anything else?

V: You won't get it for over a month.

Being very unimpressed by this, I asked to speak to someone about this shockingly bad example of customer service (I don't appreciate being treated as a cash cow, only to be told I have to wait over a month for the privilege!!)

The operative said they'd call back within 15 minutes. 35 minutes later they called back and said they'd pass me over to some other department (didn't get which) and then put me on hold, with the recorded message saying they were busy and would take over 20 minutes to answer.

I hung up.

They haven't tried to call me back.

I've been a Virgin Media customer since before they were called Virgin and, I have to say, I find this lack of loyalty to a loyal customer very unpalatable. I don't mind too much the £50 fee, but shouldn't have to pay it if I'm being contracted for another 12 months. The activation fee though is just taking the **** since my service has been activated for years!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unimpressed with Virgin over V6 install...

Installs are done by a technician and take two appointment slots. So when you book an install they give you the next available 2 slots an engineer has free. This is translating IRL to about a 4 week wait for most folks.

The activation fee is to cover the admin and work on the back end systems to replace your current box.

On the plus side your getting 50 quid off the standard price and the 49 quid installation fee waived. That seems decent enough to my mind..

0 Kudos
gordy66
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Don't know what you are complaining about everyone else is being charged that bar a few people, the waiting times are normal.
pgcowie
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It does seem to be a bit variable, when I moaned about the £14.99 activation fee they applied a credit for the same amount to my account, just depends who you speak to I guess.
0 Kudos
sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have found lately that it is worth trying to get a Chat window open via the website, I've been satisified with the result and you have a copy of the full conversation just in case.