Menu
twisterkev
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tv anywhere or not

Just purchased the new V6 box, one of the big selling points is the anywhere tv viewing and i bought it mainly for this and the family. Downloaded the virgin tv anywhere APP from the app store, whilst it was downloading i read some of the reviews saying how bad it was... It doesnt work, it just doesnt let me sign in constantly going round in circles re typing password and confirming im not a robot!  Rung Virgin media and they are useless, the tech team arent so tech because the guy had to go ask someone for a structured answer and one that would make sure they arent to blame and push the blame on me for trying to sign in to many times!!!! Their advice was to leave it half an hour before trying again. I infact gave it an hour and i still cant sign in, tried on my iphone, ipad and now on my laptop it just doesnt work. If i had have known i would have kept my old Tivo box. What a poor old effort from Virgin Media. Please some one tell me why its not working? after all it was one of their big selling points "Tv anywhere anytime" not true and surely false advertising. 

0 Kudos
WilliamA
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv anywhere or not

Yes, I'm also disappointed by this. I understand that fixing issues around TV Anywhere is not especially high priority, the argument being that it's a 'free' service provided at no extra cost. This is, or course, a rather fatuous argument: since it is obviously part of the Virgin Media package and hence not free, and also because if it doesn't work, it isn't being provided anyway. In my case, I can't stream broadcast TV to my completely unmodified smartphone because the detection software in Virgin's app insists that I have modified it. This is true for quite a few phone users. The obvious answer would be for Virgin to get a programmer to take a look at the detection routine and correct it as it doesn't work properly. Apparently they don't agree - after all, it's a 'free' service. I mean, it's not as though they hype it as a feature of the service when they market it - is it? 

Dereklad
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think the tvanywhere app should be hight priority for virgin as lots of us use it and its buggy..ive got it on my iphone and i browse the channels via my iphone then switch to the desired channel,well its ment to work like tthat but it dont..it disconnects and is very slow..
Sort the app out for gods sake..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi twisterkev, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that TV Anywhere wasn't working for you after purchasing the V6 box. Whenever any changes are made to your account it can take bewterrn 24 - 48 hours for things to full update. During this time, TV Anywhere won't work. 

How have things been since you posted? As it's been longer than the 48 hours, things should be working now. 

Give it a try and let me know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
twisterkev
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply but why didnt the person on the phone tell me this when i inquired at the time instead of trying to make me look like the idiot!!!? 

Deleted the App in the end before i topped myself.

Its not really tv anywhere is it ? to watch the BBC its tells me to use the iplayer app, to watch ITV it tells me to use their player and so on... Some channels you can only watch on the tv and not on your device,  Yes i managed to sign in in the end but this TV anywhere App isnt a stitch on Sky's Go App,   Sorry but its a poor 2nd place . The new V6 Box is also very unreliable with quite a few resets over the past few weeks and running very very slowly at times but thats probably for a different section of the forum.  

Been a very long serving Virgin media customer now used to the hype not being met over the years. 

Once again thanks for the reply but zero thanks for your so called technical team... pass that on . 

0 Kudos