Menu
TOMSK65
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo v6 User Question

I have two Tivo boxes and wondered if anyone is using the Tivo v6 could honestly answer my questions.

1. My Tivo takes ages to use Catch Up services and mostly always lags or fails to load at all with errors. (Catch Up was far better with the previous HD Boxes) Does the Tivo v6 have the same issues?

2.Occasionally when i get to record a program it cuts off just before the finish. I know you can set a longer record time but thats not the point. How does Tivo v6 perform when recording?

My friend has a Sky Q box and it is brilliant so I was thinking of switching to Sky considering I would have to pay extra for upgrading one of my boxes to a v6. I already pay £147 a month for Virgin services and it would be cheaper to swith to Sky as a new customer.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo v6 User Question

1) V6 is much faster, unless your issue is related to problems with your virgin network.

2) This is pretty much the same on the V6, however it does have 6 tuners so issues caused by recording clashes have pretty much vanished.

3).. have a chat to retention's maybe they can do you a deal, although upgrading your tivo to a V6 shouldn't change your monthy bill.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TOMSK65 wrote:

I have two Tivo boxes and wondered if anyone is using the Tivo v6 could honestly answer my questions.

2.Occasionally when i get to record a program it cuts off just before the finish. I know you can set a longer record time but thats not the point. 

....but that IS the point though.  If you set your recordings to end 4 mins. 6 minutes or even 10 minutes longer, then you won't suffer programs that get "....cut off just before the finish", UNLESS - you are referring to when you set a recording to start and end on time, and then the program overruns, and you get the end cut off. This is exactly the same on the V6.

Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TOMSK65 wrote:

My friend has a Sky Q box and it is brilliant

I have a SkyQ box, and it's not. Missing a load of features that you get on the TiVo and V6, including some fairly fundamental things like not being able to remember series links once a series ends, so you have to keep checking to see when shows are restarting, I've missed quite a few things already. It's also a bit buggy, got a couple of shows listed in my recordings which have been deleted but still show up in the list and can't be deleted or played.

I think the only thing it beats the old TiVo on is speed, and I believe the V6 fixes that.