Menu
gryphon2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo recordings to new V6 box

Hi,

I've just place my order for the new V6 box (installation next Monday), but was wondering what happens with my existing Tivo box.  I have quite a few recordings on it that I'm not going to have time to watch before Monday. 

Is there anyway to transfer them from this box to the new V6?

Will I have to hand back the Tivo on install day? If not, I understand it is possible to have both on the same network and to view the Tivo recordings via the V6 box

I hope someone can set me right here

Many thanks

Colin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo recordings to new V6 box

You will have to request that the existing box is installed as a 2nd box on the account. There will be a monthly additional charge for this. Recordings can't be transferred but as long as both boxes are connected to the VM coax and to your home VM broadband network you can watch the recordings via multi room streaming.
Sensuallady121
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Had my V6 installed today. Engineer takes old tivo box away with him, together with all our recordings. Spent all this evening trying to remember what we had recorded on the old box plus series links etc. Saying that, the V6 is great and the great way our tablets and mobiles work with it makes up for the loss of recorded programmes.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sensuallady121 wrote:
Hi. Had my V6 installed today. Engineer takes old tivo box away with him, together with all our recordings. Spent all this evening trying to remember what we had recorded on the old box plus series links etc. Saying that, the V6 is great and the great way our tablets and mobiles work with it makes up for the loss of recorded programmes.

Removing the old box is correct unless you have previously arranged to keep and pay for the TiVo as an additional box.

You can, of course, copy your series links to the new box from the old one via the browser version of TV Anywhere.

0 Kudos