Menu
skroez
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo cables, & V6 box

Hi

I've had a Tivo box for a few years, I was contacted and sent a new V6 virgin box Saturday. I just would like to know if all the existing Tivo cables that already connect to my walls/plugs and router (that's already connected to my Tivo- by 3 way coax spiltter, not by ethernet ) will work with my new V6 Box.

I do have a new power pack in the box, but no extra leads or ethernet cable apart, from new remote and HDMI lead.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo cables, & V6 box

The coax (white) cable is the same for V 6 as for TiVo. But you should have been sent an Ethernet cable to connecthe V 6 to the hub otherwise no connection to internet. You can try connecting to your hub by powerline adapters or wifi though. Ethernet is a more stable connection 

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Parrotperson wrote:

The coax (white) cable is the same for V 6 as for TiVo. But you should have been sent an Ethernet cable to connecthe V 6 to the hub otherwise no connection to internet. You can try connecting to your hub by powerline adapters or wifi though. Ethernet is a more stable connection 

I would dispute this as my understanding is  that the standard co-ax cable cannot connect directly to the V6 and therefore a short white cable should be supplied to connect between the co-ax and the V6.  That is certainly the case with mine and the engineer explained this to me during the installation.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

yes there is a short white adapter cable between the V6 and the existing wiring but that should be included and existing cables should connect to that, the only thing you'd need to worry about is the internet connection, preferably ethernet, but you may be lucky and have a good enough signal for wifi

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The OP seems to suggest that the adapter cable is not in the box.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Parrotperson wrote:

I would dispute this as my understanding is  that the standard co-ax cable cannot connect directly to the V6 and therefore a short white cable should be supplied to connect between the co-ax and the V6.  That is certainly the case with mine and the engineer explained this to me during the installation.

¡No Pasarán!
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

yes there is a short white adapter cable between the V6 and the existing wiring but that should be included and existing cables should connect to that, the only thing you'd need to worry about is the internet connection, preferably ethernet, but you may be lucky and have a good enough signal for wifi

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The OP seems to suggest that the adapter cable is not in the box.

¡No Pasarán!
skroez
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all your replies and advice. sorry, about the delay getting back to you. I'm sure my router is connected via, power cable. It stands next to my Vivo box too.

I'm not sure if to arrange an engineer? but that could be expensive, and not needed, and I'm at the hospital a lot at the moment too, So not always home etc. I might take a photograph of the wires going into my Tivo box and router atm. To post here, if it makes it easier for me to explain. Excuse my dimness here, I get really confused with this sort of thing, esp with being dyslexic.

Thanks again

0 Kudos