Menu
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo and new V6, Plus a Healthy Discount...Too good to be true?

Hi all,

Started typing this while I was on hold.  

I currently have 1 V+ and 1 Tivo, 200 meg internet and basic landline package for £76 pm

I received and email offer this morning to "upgrade" to the new V6 for a one off fee of £65

I called up and spoke to an American chap called Marion to discuss this.

Upshot he was able to let me remove the V+, and replace it with the Tivo, V6 will go where the Tivo was.  V6 is actually being delivered today for me to self install and self return the V+ box at a later date.

All the above and my monthly cost has also reduced to £65 (whilst still in contract) with no other charges at all. (expect for the initial V6 cost of £65).

Am I just super lucky here?  Feel like a man who just caught a gooses golden egg Smiley Happy

I did check and re-check with the VM guy (Marion) the above and on numerous occasions he confirmed it was all correct.

Feel like I still need another opinion and well...maybe bragging a little here if it Kosher Smiley Happy

Cheers

0 Kudos
tonypreece
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and new V6, Plus a Healthy Discount...Too good to be true?

I am on 200Meg Broadband with Hub 2 AC. I have XL TV and M Phone, all in £76 a month. I was a bit miffed when new customers can get this for £55 for 9 months. So I called and was offered £67 a month with a new superhub 3 if I go for new 12 month contract or for £65 I could have Sky Movies and a superhub, also new TV Box 6. Was told I would have to pay £49.99 for box and £14.99 for activation. I would need an engineer to install. Advised at 9 months my bill would go up to £96. I was advised at 8 months to call up and drop movies and renegotiate deal.

My question is why do I need an engineer to install the new TiVo 6 box and Superhub 3.0? Why no self install. This was email. Why does it need activating and why cannot do I need an engineer to plug it in? Also at 9 months will I be able to drop movies and go back to another deal?

FlashPan wrote:

Hi all,

Started typing this while I was on hold.  

I currently have 1 V+ and 1 Tivo, 200 meg internet and basic landline package for £76 pm

I received and email offer this morning to "upgrade" to the new V6 for a one off fee of £65

I called up and spoke to an American chap called Marion to discuss this.

Upshot he was able to let me remove the V+, and replace it with the Tivo, V6 will go where the Tivo was.  V6 is actually being delivered today for me to self install and self return the V+ box at a later date.

All the above and my monthly cost has also reduced to £65 (whilst still in contract) with no other charges at all. (expect for the initial V6 cost of £65).

Am I just super lucky here?  Feel like a man who just caught a gooses golden egg Smiley Happy

I did check and re-check with the VM guy (Marion) the above and on numerous occasions he confirmed it was all correct.

Feel like I still need another opinion and well...maybe bragging a little here if it Kosher Smiley Happy

Cheers

Your Updated Package ...

Full House Movies

Talk Weekends

Free Voicemail

Full House TV (XL)

Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo

VIVID 200 Optical Fibre

Bundle charges total

£56.00

Promotional offer(s)

Full House Movies Discount

Promotional offer(s) total

£30.80CR

Phone line rental

Telephone Line Rental

Phone line rental total

£19.00

Premium add-ons

Sky Cinema Collection

Premium add-ons total

£21.00

New monthly package total*

£65.20

Chargeable from

20 January 2017

Other fees, charges & credits

One-off charges & credits

Virgin Media Hub 3.0 Manned Install

£0.00

V6 No Colocation Free install

£40.00CR

Activation Fee

£14.99

Manned Installation Charge

£40.00

V6 Box Activation Credit

£50.00CR

V6 Box Activation Fee

£99.95

One-off charges & credits total

£64.94

Billing & payment fees

Payment Handling Charge

£0.45

Billing & payment fees total

£0.45

Other fees, charges & credits total*

£65.39

*Prices correct as at today's date.

0 Kudos
FlashPan
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo and new V6, Plus a Healthy Discount...Too good to be true?

Hi,

Sorry, work stopped me from replying.

I can confirm you do need an engineer install.

So Friday came and went with no delivery.  I thought maybe then it would happen on Saturday and nope.

I called up on Monday and the UK lady I spoke to did confirm my upgrade but no self install and would need an engineer visit.  The previous American chap forgot to include the cost of the landland in my early quote of £65 per month.  The engineer was already booked to visit me this Friday but I could not take any time off to be at home.  Luckily a slot was open this coming Saturday PM.

Final upshot of it all is that I am paying 50p extra a month to keep the old Tivo and have the new V6 and no install charge due to my account type/status.  VM lady was quite interested on whom I spoke to and what he said as she wanted to report it.  Made me think that some staff are unintentionally leading people up the garden path on a larger scale.

So a bit of a screw up, nothing major, am not put out and happy with the extra 50p Smiley Happy

Cheers

0 Kudos