Menu
edsdad
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6

I have another Tivo (not V6) in another room which may not be on the same ring circuit as V6. Can I run an Ethernet cable from my router to it for room to room service. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6

It's not clear what you are actually asking so I'll try.

You will have one V6 and one TiVo.

The V6 and the TiVo each have to be connected to a co-ax port.

The V6 has to be connected, in addition, to your Superhub via direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters or wifi.

If you want to MRS the two boxes, the TiVo has to be also connected to your Superhub vie direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. If you don't want MRS, you don't need to connect the TiVo to the Superhub.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are discounting powerline as a connection method for your TiVo, the only (real) choice you have is an Ethernet cable from router to TiVo (in addition to its co-ax connection).

0 Kudos
edsdad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Can I use both powerline and Ethernet cable connection in this circumstance.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not clear what you are actually asking so I'll try.

You will have one V6 and one TiVo.

The V6 and the TiVo each have to be connected to a co-ax port.

The V6 has to be connected, in addition, to your Superhub via direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters or wifi.

If you want to MRS the two boxes, the TiVo has to be also connected to your Superhub vie direct Ethernet cable or powerline adapters. If you don't want MRS, you don't need to connect the TiVo to the Superhub.