Menu
Ross335
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 second box without a wired connection

Hi all,

I am having my single Tivo replaced with a V6 today.  Although I would have liked 2 Tivos previously, there was no convenient way to get a coax connection to the other room where we would want it.

Is it possible to have second Tivo V6 with only a wifi or powerline ethernet connection (i.e. no coax)?

I asked about this when I booked my new V6 but the guy on the other end of the phone didn't have a clue and said I would need to ask the engineer.

Hope someone can help!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 second box without a wired connection

Ross335 wrote:

Hi all,

I am having my single Tivo replaced with a V6 today.  Although I would have liked 2 Tivos previously, there was no convenient way to get a coax connection to the other room where we would want it.

Is it possible to have second Tivo V6 with only a wifi or powerline ethernet connection (i.e. no coax)?

I asked about this when I booked my new V6 but the guy on the other end of the phone didn't have a clue and said I would need to ask the engineer.

Hope someone can help!

No, you need a coax. That is the primary connection for all Virgin boxes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 second box without a wired connection

Ross335 wrote:

Hi all,

Hope someone can help!

No, you need a coax. That is the primary connection for all Virgin boxes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!