Menu
Thanassi360
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 issues

Hi,
I had my V6 box installed in January and 90% awesome. But I have a couple of super annoying issues that results in multiple restarts a week.

First, about half of the time, when fast forwarding, the picture freezes for about 10 seconds then continues (sometimes where it froze and sometimes where it would be when fast forwarding). It can be pretty annoying when you go too far and have to remind to get back on track.

The other main issue is from time to time, the picture glitches and comes back double. Like 2 identical videos are mixed together but split by a couple of centimetres (on top of each other, not side by side). This is both the video and the display graphics from the box. The only way I can get rid of it is to restart the box.

Any advice or help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo V6 issues

Hi Thanassi360,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your V6 Box.

Can you check to see what your Video Output is set to? To do this, press Home on the remote control the select Help and Settings, Settings, Video Output, then Video Output Format.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Thanassi360
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,
I checked, the video format is set to 1080p.
0 Kudos
Thanassi360
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A further issue has developed, on some recordings, at a specific time in, the box will freeze and auto reboot. Then when I get to that part of the recording again, it does the same. The only way round this is to fast forward past this point, missing some of the recording in the process.
Very irritating.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanassi360,

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Smiley Happy

I've checked things from this end and there are no known issues for these symptoms that you are describing. 

I'll need to look at the box more in depth. To do this, the box will need to be online. Currently, checking the stats, it's in standby. 

If you can give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 when you're at home, this will allow us to run our remote checks and check the status of the box. We can then go from there to get things resolved for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Thanassi360,

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Smiley Happy

I've checked things from this end and there are no known issues for these symptoms that you are describing. 

I'll need to look at the box more in depth. To do this, the box will need to be online. Currently, checking the stats, it's in standby. 

If you can give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 when you're at home, this will allow us to run our remote checks and check the status of the box. We can then go from there to get things resolved for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

That's not exactly true is it. The rebooting of the box on certain recordings is a well known fault.