Menu
itsmonkeyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 6 restarting itself

I'm having an issue with my new Tivo V6 box rebooting while I'm trying to watch one of my recordings.

Hs anyone else experienced this or any advice as to what is wrong.

I was sold this box on the premise that it would not only be better, but more reliable than the previous Tivo, which was not reliable at all. So far, not so good.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo 6 restarting itself

There is a fault which is well-documented on this forum affecting some episodes of Elementary and Modern Family.

The fault has been identified and a fix is currently being tested. There is no date yet for this fix to be made available to the whole network.

In the meanwhile, it is suggested you get these programs from Catch Up.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi itsmonkeyboy

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box recently. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the set top box but we're not detecting any errors with the V6 at the moment. I hope that means that things have started working as they should? 

If not, let me know what recording you're seeing this issue with and if you're experiencing this with any other recordings. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
itsmonkeyboy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig.

I was having problems trying to watch a couple of episodes of Elementary, which appears to be a common issue.

I ended up missing parts of the episodes, so not ideal. It hasn't happened since, but then I don't believe I've watched any more episodes of Elementary since, and it hasn't happened with any other recordings.

0 Kudos
sharkey1987
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had this same problem the day my v6 was installed and it wasn't specific to any channel/program. However after a day or so it completely stopped and hasn't happened again since Smiley Happy
0 Kudos