Menu
shepshed
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tivo 6 frustrations

My Tivo 6 decides to shut down probably to do updates, but midway during a programme. Comes back on line again eventually but not really the right thing to be doing.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo 6 frustrations

ours does it around 3am to 4am a couple of times a week. annoying, but for updates to be installed properly, it has to be rebooted.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey shepshed

I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. 

We're detecting some minor errors with the set top box and in the interest of getting this resolved as soon as possible, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming the appointment shepshed

We'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hmm... mines never done that, what time of the day/night is this?

0 Kudos
shepshed
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Usually between 2 and 3 in the afternoon
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

ours does it around 3am to 4am a couple of times a week. annoying, but for updates to be installed properly, it has to be rebooted.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi shepshed, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your V6 box rebooting during the day. 

Any updates we schedule are done the early hours of the morning to avoid situations where users are having interruptions to their viewing or recordings. 

Does the V6 box actually shut off completely until you turn it back on or does an updating screen come on there? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
shepshed
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

As well as the normal overnight updates (I assume cos I got other things on my mind in the night) the screen will suddenly flash up a message that "this channel is no longer available and that I should contact 150", shuts down what you are viewing then just as mysteriously 30 seconds or so later all will be back to normal except you missed that very important 30 sec  when all the action was. It is more an irritant than a disaster because when it does come "on-line" you are sitting waiting for the next "turn off" which may not happen.

I think that sadly Virgin rushed out the Tivo6 and whilst they are aware of many glitches these should all have been ironed out before imposing them onto the public.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

shepshed wrote:

Hi Kath

As well as the normal overnight updates (I assume cos I got other things on my mind in the night) the screen will suddenly flash up a message that "this channel is no longer available and that I should contact 150", shuts down what you are viewing then just as mysteriously 30 seconds or so later all will be back to normal except you missed that very important 30 sec  when all the action was. It is more an irritant than a disaster because when it does come "on-line" you are sitting waiting for the next "turn off" which may not happen.

I think that sadly Virgin rushed out the Tivo6 and whilst they are aware of many glitches these should all have been ironed out before imposing them onto the public.

I have seen that message on the Tivo, as opposed to the V6, and it was due to signal issues. Has your signal strength been checked?

Poor signal strength may also be the cause of your constant reboots.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey shepshed

I'm sorry for the continued problems you're experiencing with your TV service, I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. 

We're detecting some minor errors with the set top box and in the interest of getting this resolved as soon as possible, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming the appointment shepshed

We'd love to hear how it goes and we'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos