Menu
boomish
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 remote

Out remote is iffy, I've reset it numerous times but it works one moment then stops the next..anyone else have this?

I changed it to Bluetooth after then install so I could hide the box but realised actually have the old remote is handy so I put the box back. No however the remote is at times completely useless. I can see it's flashing red so I think I've got it back into IR mode but no instructions for unpairing. I'll try clearing the remote ..

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
boomish
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo V6 remote

Got an email asking for an update, we have simply stopped using the new remote the old one works perfectly, it means the box has to be in view but better than having a dodgy remote. I'ts not a pairing issue, as it's intermittent, you press one button up a channel and it works press again & it doesn't and so on & so on. Either the bluetooth isn't compatible, the remote has a problem (looks like other have too) or it's software issue..

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As far as I know there isn't an 'unpair' as such, but if you follow the pair instructions this overrides any previous pairing for that remote.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi boomish, 

Thanks for your psot again today regarding the remote Smiley Happy

As mentioned in my post here yesterday: You may need to pair your remote with your V6 try giving the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 as it sounds as though you may need a new remote. This one looks to be faulty. 

Let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Malcolm-66
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have swapped back to Virgin from SKY and to be honest, not sure I'm happy.

I have 2 v6 boxes and one works perfectly well and the other suffers remote control issues. I have changed batteries, reset the V6 box many times, and comtinually re-paired the remote (when it connects).

I have been told it's a common issue and have to keep resetting my V6 box until resolves.

This is not the service I expected and pay for.
0 Kudos
Saxon0904
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same issue and on another thread it states to press gently near the clear and last ch buttons and try the controls, works for me but not ideal. Only started experiencing the issue today and had the box for nearly 3 weeks.
0 Kudos
boomish
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Got an email asking for an update, we have simply stopped using the new remote the old one works perfectly, it means the box has to be in view but better than having a dodgy remote. I'ts not a pairing issue, as it's intermittent, you press one button up a channel and it works press again & it doesn't and so on & so on. Either the bluetooth isn't compatible, the remote has a problem (looks like other have too) or it's software issue..

0 Kudos
andypgilbert
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, could you please tell me where the IR sensor is located on a Tivi V6 box so I can stick on the One for ALl HDMI Wireless sender IR remote pickup sensor so to control from by bedroom location. Thanks

0 Kudos
RoddyJoff
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI, did you ever find where the sensor is on the V6 box?

Cheers.

0 Kudos