Menu
Terini
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 box all lights flashing and just "getting started" on screen

Seems that Virgin Media again has FAILED, I have a V6 box in my front room that I have gone and turned on tonight and all I am getting out of it is the " multi lingual welcome" screen then it reboots and you get the "starting" screen come up but the tivo is flashing all lights, Wifi, network and power lights..

So I call to report a fault and what do I find, a loverly recorded message basically saying...
oh sorry we dont give a f*** about you we're closed now... suffer till the morning,

so what is someone supposed to do as its well only just gone 10pm on a saturday night, I tell you what... the come on here and find out the quickest way to close a virgin media account because there is a 100% lack of support to the customer any more!

So... either I get someone telling me how to fix this.. or I will cancel my account due to it being unreliable and not fit for use.

If I don't have a reply from Virgin by 11pm I will be calling tomorrow and cancelling all of my services.

and do you know what, I don't expect a reply because there is no one at virgin media that seems to care

Pete.

soon to be cancelled due to being so crap!
TV:TiVo V6 1TB + TiVo Std 1TB + 500mb
Broadband: Gamer 200MB
0 Kudos
Terini
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo V6 box all lights flashing and just "getting started" on screen

Looks like the HDD has failed.. not bad for only being 1 month old... get a low noisy whine from the box after the first reboot, it is silent till then.
V6 Can go in the bin.
Pete.

0 Kudos
Terini
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Finally got through to support, just to be told all looks fine from our end, we need to book an engineer, first free slot is the 14th March... Today is the 5th, it failed on the 4th... Customer care??? Did get adviced I I call back tomorrow then MAYBE I'll get a earlier appointment.
Think tomorrow if it's still failed I'm going to call cancellations not faults seems it's the only way to talk to someone, this time not going to be fobbed off with, I'll pass you through to support now.
Pete.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terini,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your services and I apologise for the delay in getting it resolved. I can completely understand your frustration!

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos