Menu
Dcubed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo V6 Turning on

Hi, 

I normally leave my TV switched off and the TiVo V6 on standby. TV is HDMI connected but an earlier model so I don’t have to leave it on standby (save  power, save money).

If I switch the TiVo box on first then the TV sometimes I get no picture on the screen, but do get sound. If I do the opposite then this rarely happens. I think the TiVo HDMI interface reads the TV to determine what sort of display it is and if it is not powered or in the process of powering up then this may not work correctly.

Anyone able to confirm this? Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo V6 Turning on

One way to help prevent this is to take the V6 output resolution off of the AUTO setting. If you set it to 1080p or 1080i the box will stop messing about trying to detect the receiving set's resolution.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

One way to help prevent this is to take the V6 output resolution off of the AUTO setting. If you set it to 1080p or 1080i the box will stop messing about trying to detect the receiving set's resolution.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Dcubed
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Did look on the internet but could not find much information about the format interrogation. 

For those of you that want it simpler press “Home” on the TiVo remote. Then go through the menus to get to Help&Settings>Settings>Video_Output>Video_Output_Format>Change_Settings then set the format you want.

Tried this and the TiVo box seems to remember the setting and use it every time, so no more wife and children saying the TV does not work properly ;-)

0 Kudos