Menu
Kitwilson
Joining in
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

TiVo 4K

Hi,

As a long serving and loyal Virgin customer how can I get on the TiVo 4K trial group?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo 4K

As far as I am aware there is no trial group

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

dannylau wrote:

As far as I am aware there is no trial group

Can't be a 100% sure but I believe the new boxes are being internally trialled by employees only. Whether that means the software on these boxes is not at a mature enough state to be released for customer trials or they are not going to conduct customer trials is anyone's guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Have we got any idea when the box should be coming out?
We were told this year I seem to remember
0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

VM  put out images back in August for the press and us. 

They came out with the name EOS then it been changed to V6 and we have had no real new details from VM.

BT has had a 4K / UHD box and channel for sometime now and Sky has put out Sky Q.

At this time ..

BT customers can get the box for £49 and postage of £7 odd for post and UHD sports free along with drop in package of £2 per month.

Sky for new customers they give the Box free plus a second mini box with all channels plus Sky cinema £62 per month.

VM is late to the 4K / UHD world in the UK.

forums are full of ideas but as yet no idea to when the Boxes are due out.

Yes two types of boxes have been talked about.  two levels like we had with TiVo with size of Hard Drives.

1TB & 2TB are said to be the size  BT is 1TB and Sky Q has 2TB

All have the use of Netflix as they have UHD service which many UHD TV use too.

The Box is smaller like BT Youview UHD box and Sky Q and it's mini box are from older HD boxes.

With Xmas coming and more new TV shows we need the new V6 box to be fixed in our homes ready .

SO ANY NEWS AS THE OTHER BOXES LOOK GOOD & prices are nice too VM ?

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I agree they are very late but also no information is being provided. Surely they can give us some news...I am excited with the new box but the lack of prigrsss and information for long term customers is poor
0 Kudos
spater1975
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if the physical home set-up of the new TiVo 4K boxes will be different?

For instance, additional boxes (e.g. in the bedroom) connect to the master TiVo box via WiFi/ Powerline? Like what Sky is doing with its new Q platform

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for posting!

There's still no news yet in regards to a release date.

For all the available information and to register you interest, just go to our Virgin TV V6 box site.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I have logged this so many times and in return we get stone silence and no comments given to long term customers who spent vast sums but yet we hear nothing 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator

When their are more providers putting out programmes in the format that's the time to buy a TV capable of receiving 4K. I understand the enthusiasm for new technology, I will get one myself if & when tv companies make it universal, remember 3D. I rest my case.