Menu
rcooney
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They took my 1TB box

History: I have been a Virgin customer for about 6 years with two Tivo boxs. One 1TB and 1 500mb box.

Today I upgraded to a V6 box. I wanted to swap out the 500mb box so I would be left with two 1TB boxs. However the engineer said his instruction was to take the 1TB box.

Despite my protest he insisted he could not take the 500mb box. The only way to keep the 1TB box today was the cancel todays install completely and rearrange for a future date ( who know when?).

He did say I could get the 1TB box back by contacting VM and explaining the mistake. The thing is I originally paid the premium for the 1TB box so feel a little ripped off at the moment.

Can I have my 1TB TIVO box back??
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: They took my 1TB box

all boxes have and will always be the property of virgin. no customer owns one.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would ring up and speak to retentions. You won't get your box back but they should be able to sort out the error and get a 1tb back to you at some point. 

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What the F...
He should have got on the phone and just change the order as the boxes are switch on with software and easy to do and he was just actually a git ....
It's has no cost change to swap a 500 or 1TB box. ...
It was up him to make the order right for the customer on the day...and any item is on his van can be used to complete your order ...
Remember that customers have 14 days to stop any contract so if it not want you like they have fix it or walk away from the contract and loose money which company will not do. ..

As the old TiVo was being sent out for self install then it may be done for you to replace the Tivo. ....

As said phone them..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi rcooney, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your installation didn't go to plan Smiley Sad 

When we put through the order, it will be against a certain box so the first mistake here was the agent putting through the order. They should have confirmed which box you were wanting to remove.

The second mistake was the engineer. As mentioned by Telewest, he could have called us to amend the details. 

I can only apologise for this and have made sure feedback is given back to both. 

Have you spoken to the team yet to change the 500gb TiVo® back to a 1TB TiVo®? If not speak to them on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos