Menu
Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV6 box upgrade

Is there a max distance from router > TV6 via ethernet cable and /or can the TV6 be connected via power line as my existing 1TB  box is?

TIA!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV6 box upgrade

A powerline connection is fine and it is what some of the VM techs have been installing alongside the V6.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A powerline connection is fine and it is what some of the VM techs have been installing alongside the V6.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Millenios
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm about to have a V6 box installed, I have read numerous comments about using powerline connectors as the standard way to connect the Hub to the V6 box. My hub lives under the stairs with a gigabit switch with multiple cables running to where the V6 box will live in the living room. Will this be ok (cable from Hub to switch to V6 box)?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Millenios wrote:

Hi, I'm about to have a V6 box installed, I have read numerous comments about using powerline connectors as the standard way to connect the Hub to the V6 box. My hub lives under the stairs with a gigabit switch with multiple cables running to where the V6 box will live in the living room. Will this be ok (cable from Hub to switch to V6 box)?

Yes, I have a similar setup with the addition of my own router between the hub and the gigabit switch.

EDIT - After the initial wired setup I also got my V6 to connect wirelessly (took a few goes), so if I turn off the gigabit switch it seamlessly moves to wireless and then back to Ethernet when the switch is turned on again.

0 Kudos