Menu
Neil61
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Streaming to TV anywhere

Losing hope now so any help appreciated. I've just waited to get help on the tier 2 helpline and was cut off as soon as I reached the front of the queue.

I have 2 V6 boxes newly installed. When I try to set up streaming I see a message that says unsuccessful. When I check  streaming devices it say precondition failed.  I can watch live TV and use IMG_0642.PNGmy iPad as a remote, but can't watch most on demand  or recordings.

I have no Ethernet between my V6 and super hub. There is a connection running  to the second box via the house mains. When I add an Ethernet, the green lights flash but I still can't stream. Is there a way to configure the V6 to talk to the hub? Any solutions appreciated please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming to TV anywhere

Hi Neil61,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble streaming TV Anywhere.

I've located your account and I can see you've spoken to our team about this. Is everything working now?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Neil61
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh - no, I've had no help at all. I was even told off for contacting one of the team through the forum after I was cut off on the phone. I could download with Sky Go and can't with Virgin media. I will have to make a formal complaint if no one will help me.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil61,

I'm really sorry to hear that, definitely not the impression we want to leave on our customers!

Before we get into this, I'd like you to check out this video on how to set up TV Anywhere and V6 just to make sure all of the basics are covered.

Josh

0 Kudos
Neil61
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh - if you look at my posts you'll see I've done everything and added screen shots. I'm also not the only person with the problem. So yes, I have looked at everything!
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil61,

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure.

I'm going to check this out with one of my colleagues to see if we can figure out what's going on. I'll come back to you as soon as I can.

Josh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil61,

Thanks for your patience with this!

I've spoken to one of my colleagues and there's something I'd like to you try.

Switch off both your V6 and your hub at the mains, then connect the Ethernet cable. Then switch on just the hub and wait until it's fully booted up. Once the hub is online, switch on the V6 and let it boot up.

Once the V6 is booted up, try the app again.

Also, you've mentioned that you can't watch most On Demand or recordings. Does that mean some of them are working or is it all not working?

Josh

0 Kudos
Neil61
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Josh - thanks for helping. I tried this but sadly it's not solved the problem. I still have the streaming did not set up warning on step 1. 

I can watch live channels and on demand on the ipad.  I can view the list of recorded items on the iPad but cannot download to the iPad or play recordings on the ipad.  I can use the iPad as a remote to watch recordings on the tv.

0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Neil61 wrote:
Hi Josh - no, I've had no help at all. I was even told off for contacting one of the team through the forum after I was cut off on the phone. I could download with Sky Go and can't with Virgin media. I will have to make a formal complaint if no one will help me.
Thanks

Gosh that sounds a bit like my experience with Virgin Support and of previously coming from a perfectly decent service with Sky & Sky Go. The anywhere service is best described as "really flaky" if I am being generous to Virgin. 

If you manage to get past the constant need to login, the I can't see your boxes, now I can, now I can't, then you ride the wave of things you simply can't stream (which seems to be an awful lot of stuff and much more limited than Sky), you'll probably find it randomly decides you're not setup remote streaming despite being setup for it the day before.

For downloads meanwhile... my experience thus far is that despite it giving me estimates like "download time 7 minutes" hours go by and the download doesn't finish. The iPad still has no connectivity issues and happily transmits/receives from other devices at 300 Mbps - so I doubt very much it is my fault of course. 

All Virgin ever do is say they don't know about the V6 boxes, they're not trained, and if you get to the V6 specific team, they don't know anything about the services beyond the basic TV service. The support is absolutely awful (that I've had to call virgin regularly since I joined tells me something is wrong - I'm not some technically inept person, so that I need this support is disturbing).

0 Kudos
Neil61
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Well, you've got further than me as I've not overcome the streaming  software verification first step! Having seen your feedback I'm not sure it's worth trying to fix it, but it was a feature that made me decide to switch to Virgin, so I haven't been given the product I was sold. I hadn't realised this was all so new and immature. 

0 Kudos