Menu
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Streaming issue

I have 2 V6 boxes connected by power lines but when I try to stream between both the pictures keeps stuttering and stopping every couple of seconds 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Streaming issue

Ferg wrote:

Think your're right it may be the powerline adaptor I'm using on one of the boxes. Will update it to a 1200, tried to connect the 2nd box via wifi but can't seem to do that it just keeps saying an ethernet cable is unplugged.

The cost for each box was £49.99 each plus a one off activation fee of £14. Think I was one of the few lucky ones that called on Tuesday to order them and was given an install date of yesterday.

If you pull a powerline or Ethernet cable out of a V6 to change to wifi connection, you will have to reset the V6 to be able to get the menu options to connect via wifi.

0 Kudos

All Replies
lockwood4
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And how much did you pay for 2 V6 we are all interested in that
0 Kudos
fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Before you had the V6's did you have 2 conventional Tivo's ( V5's ) linked working fine?  I suggest you connect a laptop run Speedtest.net and see what speed you get through both connections.  

Also what powerline sockets are you using, you may need to upgrade them to a higher spec.

0 Kudos
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Think your're right it may be the powerline adaptor I'm using on one of the boxes. Will update it to a 1200, tried to connect the 2nd box via wifi but can't seem to do that it just keeps saying an ethernet cable is unplugged.

The cost for each box was £49.99 each plus a one off activation fee of £14. Think I was one of the few lucky ones that called on Tuesday to order them and was given an install date of yesterday.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ferg wrote:

If you pull a powerline or Ethernet cable out of a V6 to change to wifi connection, you will have to reset the V6 to be able to get the menu options to connect via wifi.

0 Kudos
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie I will try that when I get home
0 Kudos