Menu
fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Strange email from VM after ordering V6.

So I ordered two V6's to replace my two ageing Tivo's the other day for delivery in Feb. Today however I've received an email saying the below plus more, anyone else received this?

========================

Congratulations! You’ve been specially chosen to receive our new Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo® – it’s our smallest, smartest, fastest box yet. These clever little boxes aren’t available to everyone yet – so you’ll be one of the first to get your hands on one – lucky old you!

Since your box is so new, it won’t look like the box you’ll see on our website or in our emails which introduce you to our telly service, and it may look slightly different to your friends’ and families’ boxes.

Well pop round to install your new box on the day and time we agreed. For now, it’s time to get the popcorn in! TV is about to get awesome.

=========================

a) If I've been chosen, does that mean it's free?

b) The box won't look like the box you'll see on our website? What will it look like then?

c) "We’ll pop round to install your new box on the day and time we agreed", if this isn't the order I made the other day for 2, we didn't agree a day and time.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
MariaS
Tuning in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Strange email from VM after ordering V6.

Yes I received exactly the same email as you did. I'm having the V6 installed tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what the difference is in the look of the box advertised and what is actually installed.
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I received the same email after I placed an order for 2 new boxes. I think it's possibly a standard email that VM are sending 

All Replies
MariaS
Tuning in
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes I received exactly the same email as you did. I'm having the V6 installed tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what the difference is in the look of the box advertised and what is actually installed.
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I received the same email after I placed an order for 2 new boxes. I think it's possibly a standard email that VM are sending 

fletch26
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Strange choice of words then. Chosen? I ordered it not the other way round.

And If it looks anything like the old box I'm gonna send them packing! 😄

0 Kudos
Ferg
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The boxes looked like they did in the picture. If anything smaller than I imagined 

0 Kudos
andycambs
Superfast
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Damn! There was me thinking I was particularly selected to get something even newer and more special!

0 Kudos
agi
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Your  lucky to get something at least.   I ordered an upgrade last Tues   and have not had  any emails  whatsoever from Virgin...

was told  must be due to amount of orders.  but  after a week I fear not

0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

strange. my order was cancelled and redone yesterday at 4 pm so my install date of the 2nd feb could be brought forward to tomorrow and by 7 pm i had the email confirming order and details 

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had 1 date of 11th Jan and then managed to get it moved a few days to Jan 7th and neither of them generated an email so just got to remember the details.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:
I had 1 date of 11th Jan and then managed to get it moved a few days to Jan 7th and neither of them generated an email so just got to remember the details.

I was called up by VM on Thursday, 01/12, and offered a V6 free with an installation date of 07/01 but have not received an email.

Worse, Forum team member BenD_H has stated that this is incorrect and that no-one was offered a free box and has subsequently refused to answer my requests for clarification.

So, will I be sat on 07/01 awaiting a non-existent engineer visit?  A simple response from BenD_H is not asking too much, is it?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos