Menu
jnoble100
Dialled in
Message 1 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Sounds cutting out

Hi there.  New V6 box has been working fine for a month or so but recently, the sound cuts out for a second or 2 on it, on any channel including Netflix and YouTube.  Netflix from Apple TV on the same TV works fine - no sound cut out.  And movies etc on Apple TV all good.

Old Tivo box in the bedroom works fine as well with no sound cut outs.

New V6 box up the spout?

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sounds cutting out

jnoble100 wrote:

Hi there.  New V6 box has been working fine for a month or so but recently, the sound cuts out for a second or 2 on it, on any channel including Netflix and YouTube.  Netflix from Apple TV on the same TV works fine - no sound cut out.  And movies etc on Apple TV all good.

Old Tivo box in the bedroom works fine as well with no sound cut outs.

New V6 box up the spout?

Any ideas?

My first thought would be your check your cables. Firstly the co-ax connection and, since it is a V6, the short extender cable. Then your HDMI cable and finally your network connection, used . How is that set up, wired, wi-fi or powerlines?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
CDB1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 53
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi jnoble100

I'm sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with the sound on your TiVo box. 

I've located your account to take a closer look at this and we're not detecting any issues, can you tell me how you've got your set top box connected? Are you using any sound bars or surround sound systems? 

As Frank has mentioned, I'd recommend checking the cables and testing your HDMI cable by trying an alternate one or the cable on an alternate device. If you go to settings on the TiVo box too, check the audio settings to see what it's set to at the moment.

Sorry for all the questions, we're looking forward to getting this sorted.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I think there is a bigger picture and that the lack of information coming out from virgin media is yet another issue that customers are suffering with.
There are quite a few topics highlighting the issue and I think that it may well be an issue with the V6 box. It's not as if it's only one or two people. It's nothing to do with cables.
In conclusion I think we just have to be patient and wait for an update from VM
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Thanks for posting!

We've collated all the reports on this issue and raised a ticket for it. Our technicians are now investigating this with the hope of resolving it as soon as possible.

In the mean time, to help us out we ask that whenever the sound drops out on the box that you press 911 CLEAR on the remote control. This will place a bookmark in the TiVo® logs to help us locate the fault.

Thanks for your patience with this! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh

Best
Anthony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

We're still investigating this and looking to collate as much information as possible at the moment.

Would it be possible if all affected could post make and models of sound systems used?

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Nat

Sony BDV-N7200W 5.1 3D Smart Blu-ray/DVD Home Cinema System

I have HDMI connected from above to TV and then one from TV to V6

Cheers
Anthony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this Anthony,

If all could follow suit and post make/models of both TV's and sound systems used and also method of connection, i.e., HDMI from TV to sound bar, etc.

We need as much specific information as possible to help identify root cause and fix/suggest workarounds.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos