Menu
LJR69
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sound periodically cutting out on V6

Im getting an annoying issue where the sound on my V6 keeps cutting out for a couple of seconds. Sometimes I even lose the image and get a black screen (again for a couple of seconds). Resetting the box fixes it for a while, but it keeps coming back. 

I connect the V6 to a Sony CT-HT260 Soundbar and LG OLED55C6V tv. 

Does it need replacing?

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound periodically cutting out on V6

To me it sounds like it does, yes. Just try the usual "check all the connections, try a different HDMI cable" stuff first to rule it out, then ring 150 / 0345 454 1111 and use "if there's a fault with your TV service". For a V6, they'll probably send an engineer out to investigate / replace the box.

Let us know how you get on.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi LJR69

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experiencing with your V6 box recently, I've taken a look at this from our end and we're not detecting any issues with your set top box. 

Are you noticing this issue occur at certain times of the day? Or with certain channels in particular? If you try this without the sound bar, are you still experiencing the issues? If not, can you talk us through how the sound bar is connected? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LJR69
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Happens at various times, not specific to a period. Once I reset the box it might go a day or two with no sound cut outs, but it always comes back.  Not sure if seeing it from your end will be possible as it’s definitely not signal related imo. 

If I use the TVs Netflix app when this happening I don’t have a problem. Go back to the V6 and it’s still showing the problem. 

The soundbar is connected optically. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly LJR69

Would it be possible to have a session watching the TV without the soundbar? Just to see if the issues still occur? 

Also, is the optical cable plugged directly into your TV from the soundbar? Or have you a passthrough system with some other devices? 

Sorry again for al the questions, look forward to hearing fromyou

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
LJR69
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ask as many questions you need to Craig. I have no problem with that.

So the soundbar is plugged into directly from the TV. 

When the problem occurs again (must be about due to start again) I'll try both the TV and Soundbar audio (I can actually just turn up the TV volume and hear both at the same time). Then I can see if they cut out at the same point. I'll post back with my findings.

Like I mentioned though, when the problem occurs and I go straight to Netflix on the TV (not through the V6) and I get no problems with the audio. Back to the V6 and the audio cuts out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update LJR69

Let me know how it goes the next time you notice the issue occur, as you've mentioned it doesn't seem like a signal or feed issue and as the optical cable is going straight from the TV it's very unlikely to be a physical issue with the cable. 

If you go to settings and then audio settings on your set top box, what do you have the output set to? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We were getting similar issues with our new V6 box, and I found it seemed to be caused by outputting at 2160p resolution. I switched the V6 back down to 1080p and it works fine now.

My amp and TV both cope fine with 4K and content that I watch from my media player looks and sounds gorgeous in 4K, it's just the V6 that has what seems to be handshaking issues (I've already tried using another HDMI cable).

Of course sooner or later I'm actually going to want 4K output from the V6, but for now that has fixed the issue.

Andre

0 Kudos
LJR69
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The settings are set to Dolby Digital (which is supported by my sound bar)

yeah it can’t be the optical cable else it would also affect Netflix app on my tv 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that LJR69

If you change your audio setting to over PCM, do you still get the same issue? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos