Menu
Chewie30
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Solved - Netflix 4K error. V6 box, Onkyo AV amp and LG 4K TV.

I was unable to get my V6 box to display Netflix in 4K despite being attached to the HDMI HDCP 2.2 input and output ports on my AV amp and the HDCP 2.2 HDMI port on my LG 4K TV. I firstly set the amps output picture as 4K and then to pass through the picture. Both setting either gave me a picture with no sound or no picture with sound or a message saying there’s problem please try again later.

Solution - workaround

• Connect your V6 box directly to the HDCP 2.2 HDMI port on your TV and set your TV to display this input.
  • Connect another HDMI cable to the ARC (audio return channel) port on your TV and the output port (ARC) on your AV amp.
  • On the V6 box go to home, help & settings, settings, video output, video output format and only tick 2160p and 2160p 24/25/30fps pass-through. Select continue and thumbs up three times to save this setting and then go back to home.
  • Reboot the V6 box.
  • Set your 4K TV’s sound output to external speakers (ARC)
  • Select the TV input on you AV receiver

You should now be able to watch Netflix in 4K with 5.1 surround sound via the V6 box on the HDMI HDCP 2.2 input on your TV.

To display other inputs that you may have e.g. Blu-ray player or Xbox console, switch the TV’s input over to the ARC HDMI input port then select the relevant device on your AV amp.

I hope this helps anyone who’s had a similar HDCP 2.2 issue.

0 Kudos
Nukleuz03
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Solved - Netflix 4K error. V6 box, Onkyo AV amp and LG 4K TV.

Ive got a weird problem too i have a yamaha rxv673 av amp and i have just recently bought a sony 4k tv a week ago. I have the v6 box connected to hdmi 1 on the tv and another hdmi cable from the arc hdmi port on the tv to the av amp. Everything works fine until i watch 4k on netflix. When i go on to a film on netflix the tv automatically changes to 4k and i can watch a film but when the film finishes and i return to netflix or the virgin tv guide the sound cuts out. I did however notice that when i selected a different hdmi input on the tv then changed it back to the hdmi input for virgin or turned the v6 box off and on again the sound came back. All the other sound on virgin works fine is only when i have watched 4k on netflix. Very strange any help would be appreciated
0 Kudos