Flag for a moderator

So how/when can we order the v6 box?

as the tittle says

0 Kudos
TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: So how/when can we order the v6 box?

I read december for current customers and new customers from January
Yeah Mr White.... Science
0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

..deleted.

Smiley Tongue

Alfred_H
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No idea, but I can't wait to get rid of this POS TiVo box...

I did phone them up for more info, but they were not very helpful as usual..
0 Kudos
cloggs123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

good job I didn't ring them up, saves me 20 mins

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi cloggs123,

Thanks for your post and your interest regarding the newest addition to the Virgin Media line up. 

The standard price of the Virgin TV V6 box is a simple £99.95 one-off upfront cost.

New and existing customers with a Full House 200 or VIP bundle will benefit from a promotional price of £49.95.

It won't incur any additional monthly subscription fees either Smiley Happy 

The great news is new customers joining Virgin Media will be able to order the V6 box when choosing their TV bundle from January 2017 but it will be available to existing customers on a Mix bundle or higher, before the end of the year, without the need to change packages.

You can read all about the V6 Box here: Game-changing Virgin TV launch

If there is anything else we can do to help, or you have any other questions about the V6, post back here Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

NO VM has told me today the box is still in testing and there is no date for customers to order the box even with the press today when they say new customers can have the box in Jan' ...
The Box firmware needs a update which VM said it will be next year for the box to have Full colour range that our UHD / 4K have today.
The box is costly when it comes to UHD/4K TV boxes from the likes of Sky & BT ( Free or £49 ) were £99 VM
The Box has only 3 items that is better then old TiVo box = UHD/4K ... 10 x speed chips ... 6 channels recording .... ( OK smaller size box )
The Box will be replaced by end 2017 with 2TB or 3TB box that will be needed if VM get any UHD/4K services to record ....

0 Kudos
boxer
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I called up to cancel my contract with VM after 18 years as a customer 2 months ago. The retention team did a good job assuring me a better TiVo box would be here before the end of the year. Last week I called again as I had had no information since and Sky had all their Black Friday deals.
The retention team again kept me by reducing my package without a new contract. Thank god I didn't sign a new contract as following the announcement Sky still offer a far better package as a new customer, 2tb box at no extra cost if you push hard enough and the second box for the bedroom. Come on VM wake up and talk to your customers share your strategy I want my new equipment Sky or VM before Christmas... its looking Sky at the moment.

A press release with no existing customer detail is no good to us.
0 Kudos
RogerS
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Seeing as we are now in December and the press release was very careful not to say when in December it will be available to old customers I think it is safe to assume, based on previous form, that it won't be available in December and this is just a cynical attempt to coerce people not to jump ship to Sky in the run-up to Christmas.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't be too quick to jump to Sky, had SkyQ a month and already can't wait to move back to a TiVo based system.

0 Kudos