Menu
Teresa6
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

So disappointed with Virgin media....

Hi,

i just wanted to sound off about my recent experiences with Virgin. We moved to a new propert about 3 weeks ago and after being a virgin customer for over 10 years, we took up the offer of switching from TiVo to 2 x v6 boxes in our new property. Since day 1 of installation, we have experienced pixelation of TV every 3 minutes on all HD channels. An engineer visited yesterday, fiddled around with our cables and said it was definitely a signal issue, but he couldn't fix it. He said engineers would visit our road on Monday to see if they could fix it and then he would call me later to find out and then they would 'take it from there'. Since he left yesterday, the pixelation problem has got worse, it lasts longer on the screen every 3 minutes. But, what he also managed to do was to disconnect our phone line which is now dead. I called Virgin media last night and was on the phone for over 40 minutes, trying to log this now second issue as I kept getting put in queues. I was starting to lose the will to live. Eventually only managed to get an engineer out again, this time next Saturday. This chap yesterday was in such a hurry. He left our house without re-assigning the remote back to our TV so I had to run out in the street after him ( as I had no idea how to) . This morning our broadband is really slow. I'm watching you tube and it buffering....something I've never seen for years Smiley Sad hubby won't let me call Virgin as he says it's not good for our health and I know he's right. But what can I do? I did a speed test...dismally poor. Download speed 25.1 Mbps and upload 4.3mbps. we have the super hub 3 so it should be far, far better. wow virgin, you are seriously making us rethink our decision to stay with you after being treated like this. Poor TV, poor broadband and no landline connection. The chap on the phone last night said we would be refunded a week's worth of landline ( maybe a fiver?) thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: So disappointed with Virgin media....

It might be worth calling Retentions.. choose the  'thinking of leaving' option. They seem to be the most helpful and I don't think they transfer you to others.

Sorry you are having issues Smiley Sad

All Replies
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: So disappointed with Virgin media....

It might be worth calling Retentions.. choose the  'thinking of leaving' option. They seem to be the most helpful and I don't think they transfer you to others.

Sorry you are having issues Smiley Sad