Menu
stuartgiles
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow Broadband After V6 Upgrade

I am on 200mb and had the V6 box installed on Saturday. Since then there has been a noticeable decrease in my wifi broadband speed - I used to get around 160mb but now it is down to 60-70mb max. Could this be down to the V6 box or just a coincidence?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow Broadband After V6 Upgrade

Wifi speed tests don't count ;-)

How is your V6 connected to your Superhub?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
stuartgiles
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, yeah, heard it all before, wifi is such a new fangled technology ;-)

SH3 is in modem only mode, V6 is connected to ASUS router by cable (they are right next to each other). Cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to do with new-fangled, everything to do with the fact that it's not interference-free.

What are your wired speed tests like connected to the Asus router with and without the V6 powered (i.e. at the wall, not just on standby)?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
stuartgiles
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was more concerned about the relative wifi perfomance, typically 160mb before and 60-70mb after install. I was wondering if the V6 install could affect wifi performance but it does not look as though others are having any problems so it seems this is not the case. Will contact tech support if it doesn't improve.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Before you call tech support it would be useful to work out what your actual problem is as this could save time and engineer visits etc.

1stly is it your wifi speed that has decreased or your internet speed, this is why you need to try testing speeds using an Ethernet connection.

If its your internet speed then maybe some levels were messed up in the v6 install.

If its wifi, then maybe its coincidence and a neighbours wifi has just changed channel and is conflicting with yours, or someone has got a new baby monitor or something.

also when you say wifi speed has decreased, is this based on throughput or on what it says the connection speed is on the device your connecting.