Menu
FantasticMrFox
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky movie

Hi,

I'm a new VM TV user and currently am in the middle of swapping from sky to VM. So at the moment I have sky running alongside VM.

The kids wanted to watch monsters university, so I searched on my V6 box for monsters university and it is not listed. On sky it is available on demand, and on the sky website and on the sky cinema app to watch on demand using my sky login.

So the big question is why I can't watch it on my V6 box? Is VM sky cinema not as extensive as the sky version? Of course there are massive question to be answered if that is true....

Anyone able to help? The VM tech help line does not cater for questions like this and I can't navigate to talk to a real person.

FantasticMrFox
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movie

As an update to this VM have now confirmed that the sky movies on demand for VM are DIFFERENT to those offered by Sky. The tech support team found that you cannot watch monsters university on demand either.

So even though it says 'Sky cinema' effectively its not as sky subscribers can watch this film, but VM customers can't.

My questions so far are:

Why is this not mentioned on any VM literature or advertising material?

What other films are missing?

I have had a lot of discussions which consist of the reply 'Well, the sky on demand content is determined by sky and we can't control that'. True, but you are selling sky cinema as 'sky cinema', not 'sky cinema lite'. 

And don't get me started on how long it took to get through after being on hold.

I am due an escalation phone call from a manager next.

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you have HD?
If you do you are in for an even bigger awakening there as the vast majority are not available in HD.

I've given up battling with the people on the forums and on the phone since I was given a reduction on the movies for 12 months for this 'temporary issue'.

What I don't understand is 2 years ago we had every film in SD and HD on demand just like Sky Go (I know as I have a Sky Go account courtesy of family) but in the past 18 months it has gone to pot with HD almost abandoned and SD missing also and all we get is we can only have what Sky give us.
I don't think there is anyone actually checking the content they are sending us so are just presuming we are getting what we should.
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Too true. We are being taken for a ride in respect of HD film content on Virgin Media. In fact if you want to view the latest movies on demand, it is cheaper, higher quality picture and more reliable via Amazon or Netflix.

FantasticMrFox
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd missed that. Yes you're right, unless you record them on the sky movie channels, all the demand is sd. 

So so another interesting thing in trying to track down the number of missing films, login to the sky cinema app with the sky id and there are 1340 movies, login with the virginmedia id and it drops to 1210. I have found the sorcerers apprentice is another. 

0 Kudos
FantasticMrFox
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

...and on my pc on the sky cinema website with no login there are 1547 movies available. Login with VM and it drops to 1493. Why? And why is it different from the iPad app?

0 Kudos
McLean12121
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

did you get a reply from the manager?

0 Kudos