Menu
brantome
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Series+ link episodes not showing up in planned recordings

Hi, some Series+ links I've just setup, including 24: Legacy and I think Legion too, don't appear as episodes in my planned recordings. Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series+ link episodes not showing up in planned recordings

Both these series have scheduled OK for me.

Is your EPG fully populated for the next fortnight?

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I can skip ahead to Wednesday to see it in the schedule. Both are Fox, maybe that's the common link. Just checked the series link I set up for something else (not on Fox) and I see the recording icon beside them when I look at upcoming episodes.

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorted. I had left the get HD default at 'always' but I don't have Fox HD as I'm only on TV L. Would have thought the system was smart enough to tell me I couldn't record it on HD and not allow me to set up a link for that. I'll need to check all my series links to record HD if possible, and that way it'll catch errors like this. It would be more sensible if that was the default though...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Under the default recording settings you can choose HD Always or If possible or Never

What is yours set to?
brantome
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See my response that just crept in before yours. Having the default default ( Smiley Wink ) as 'always' leaves this loop hole of potentially missing recordings, whereas if it was 'if possible' the worst you'd get would be SD recordings which I'm finding are scaling up quite nicely from the V6 to my 4K TV anyway...
0 Kudos