Menu
Chipesh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series Link +

New install and I am finding it a bit of a mess. Series link creates all sort of recordings which I don't want? Why can't I just record the series on that channel without further complication?

My wife has finger problems and can't mess around all day with sub-menus. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link +

You can change the global defaults for recordings to suit your tastes better and that will take effect on all future recordings you set.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As frank stated you can set global defaults so that future series links are limited to the channel you set them up on etc.

Also notice link+ will show on demand shows if it is set up for that too.

You can also modify your current series link so that it is limited to the channel of your choice and only records new episodes etc.

Personally I always set it to any channel as that lessens the chance that you'll miss a recording because it has clashed with other recordings (unlikely with 6 tuners but still possible). It also makes it more likely it will find the 1st episode of a series I happened to miss the start of a series.

Basically just go and look at all the Link + settings and modify to your needs.

Basically just go in and modifie the link + settings

0 Kudos
Chipesh
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answers. The default settings should not include all this. I had to set my brothers up as well as my wife's.

0 Kudos