Menu
grahamtriggs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series Link+ for the Olympics not set to record after Thursday

Hi,

I was just looking through my planned recordings for the next few days, and noticed something odd about my Olympics series link.

It was created from a BBC One HD live (e.g. midnight - 2am) broadcast, and the options modified to use "any" (BBC) channel, and to always record in HD.

This has been correctly taking the night/day broadcasts from BBC One HD and BBC Two HD.

But from Thursday morning, nothing is showing up as a planned recording. If I show all programmes, then it has greyed out entries for the expected BBC One / Two HD broadcasts, with a "user modified options" reason for not recording.

If I cancel the series link, and then set up a new one just for the BBC One HD shows, then all of the shows Thursday morning onwards are set to record. As soon as I change the options to take "all" channels / HD only, all of the shows from Thursday morning onwards are not set to record. Go back to a single channel, and they come back.

This would be fine if I could have two series links - one for BBC One and the other for BBC Two - but as soon as I try to set them up, it becomes a single series link, and exhibits the problem above.

Maybe this is just something I haven't noticed before, and it will resolve itself tomorrow for the following day, and so on. But it's a bit disconcerting at the moment.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series Link+ for the Olympics not set to record after Thursday

What you see is quite normal - it only looks at so made episodes in advance and not the full guide.

So when the next episode passes a new one is added at the end of the current selection.

It has always been like that but is only seen on programmes airing a lot of episodes over a few days.

Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders also do this is you set to ALL channels.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos

All Replies
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What you see is quite normal - it only looks at so made episodes in advance and not the full guide.

So when the next episode passes a new one is added at the end of the current selection.

It has always been like that but is only seen on programmes airing a lot of episodes over a few days.

Coronation Street, Emmerdale and EastEnders also do this is you set to ALL channels.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
grahamtriggs
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, that does seem to be the case - it now has a full set of entries for tomorrow.

It is rather odd though - in the case of episodes more than a week / two weeks out, it makes sense that there are no EPG entries yet, so they won't show up in either"upcoming episodes", or in the planned recordings.

For these recordings, the EPG is populated for the next week or so, and if you go to the "upcoming episodes", it does list all of the episodes. As does the planned recordings when you change it to show "all" rather than "planned & clashes" - it just shows them as not set to record, and in a way that if you don't know that is expected behaviour, gives the appearance that the series link isn't working.

There doesn't seem to be a particularly good reason why it only shows the first few as being recorded when it knows that later episodes exist, and if there is, it could be clearer about future episodes having not been considered, rather than showing them as not recording.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps the logic is to do with not fully populating such series links to avoid running out of space for other series links.

0 Kudos