Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Screen message

Whilst watching TV yesterday, a message flashed up and although I can't remember the exact wording, it said " Your box will switch off in ( so many minutes etc). Please press OK if you wish to continue watching. What is this and wyy does it do it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen message

This is the box going into power saving mode. Check your power saving settings in the settings menu and turn to always on if you don't want this to happen.
0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can understand that if the TV is not being used. but having it come on whilst viewing seems a bit strange to me. Why should it power down if the TV is transmitting?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If there has been no button pressed on the remote for a set period, 4 hours, it assumes nobody is watching the TV and puts TiVo into standby to save power.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there hansi,

Sorry for any bother experienced with this.

As mentioned by Ernie_C, this does sound like your equipment may be set to power saving mode.

The purpose of this setting is to help save energy and money on your electricity bill by automatically going into standby mode.

Not to worry though, you can certainly adjust the Standby Settings on your Virgin TV box.

Hope this helps,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos