Menu
B-side
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Screen goes blank

Every so often the screen goes completely blank while watching an HD broadcast. Sometimes it recovers and carries on, but sometimes the screen changes to white with fuzzy 'noise' all across it. When that happens the only way out is to re-boot which is always successful in bringing the picture back up.

When the white noise is showing I have discovered that changing the channel (with the channel up/down button) has had an effect once the box has re-booted. It has no effect while the white noise is showing though.

I conclude from this that the video interface is where the problem lies. It can happen 3 times in an hour but then not at all when the box has re-booted.

0 Kudos
Dukey1679
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen goes blank

I have a very similar issue, though may screen goes blank for only a second or two then continues without requiring a reboot.

0 Kudos
B-side
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This has been resolved (I think). I got a technician's visit and he replaced the HDMI cable which seems to have done the trick. When they swapped out the old Tivo box and installed the V6 they left the old HDMI cable in situ. Apparently that was not wise so they have now installed the cable which comes with the V6 box. So far no drop-outs so it looks like the problem is sorted.

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I seem to have this issue when I put the TV on. I can hear sound but get a black screen.
I have been advised that it's a known issue with the new V6 box and virgin are waiting for a fix.
Kath on here has arranged for an engineer to come so I will ask him for a new HDMI Cable
I have also been told to reset the box for the meantime
0 Kudos